A Charlotte Call Center Served It’s 👫🏿 Employees Fried Chicken And Watermelon For Juneteenth 🍗 🍉

Do you consider this fake outrage?

• Yes, fake outrage

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Not fake outrage, it is legit cause for concern

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
I have no problem with the food being served. We serve food at my job for all cultural observances but we usually have people from that culture prepare it. The best way to not have an issue is to just do potlucks.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
You see it.

Racist cac: "You n*****s love watermelon and chicken right?:sitdown:"

c00ns itt: I sure DO, bossaman! Iss mah cultchya! :troll:!
Guess there's no in between? I can still honor my culture and heritage without being a tapdancing buffoon. This whole shame behind liking chicken and watermelon comes from white supremacy. Let that shyt go.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How would you guys feel if the job served mac n cheese, collard greens, bbq, rice etc with the fried chicken and watermelon? To be honest, all companies should make it a day to be able to use PTO to avoid situations like this.

Last edited:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Guess there's no in between? I can still honor my culture and heritage without being a tapdancing buffoon. This whole shame behind liking chicken and watermelon comes from white supremacy. Let that shyt go.
nikka went full 4****

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
They should low key break everything in that office and then quit.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
As long as they weren’t the only options, and weren’t served in a demeaning manner, I don’t see the problem. Mexicans are not getting offended over us eating tacos on cinco de mayo or Irish people tripping over people getting wasted on st Patrick’s day.

Now if they brought in groovin gorilla or diamond and silk to serve the food, or if white people were wearing kinte cloth, I could understand the outrage. But this? Should be thankful that your holiday is recognized.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Here is the thing. I could see if there was other food like hotdogs and hamburgers, potato salad etc then if you have chicken and watermelon ok fair enough but to have exclusively chicken and watermelon and too Black people who are essentially wage slaves eating it up sends a different type of message.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Here is the thing. I could see if there was other food like hotdogs and hamburgers, potato salad etc then if you have chicken and watermelon ok fair enough but to have exclusively chicken and watermelon and too Black people who are essentially wage slaves eating it up sends a different type of message.
Manager who picked it up was probably black. It’s a call center. Ain’t nothing but nikkas and Mexicans there.

That said, that’s not all they have. They have a cafeteria with other food options. I know people who work there and I’ve met them for lunch before.

:mjlol:

They should be more upset they had to work.

Last edited: