A-Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Artist 2.0 (Discussion Thread)

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He broke in new flows on this one and the project was built around guitar based production

He don’t even got 6 solo projects out and this shyt completely different than the original Artist :heh:

It sounds the exact same, the flows is the same. And he does have 6 solos, and one collab project. He peaked at the Bigger Artist and everyone after has been a shyttier version, with no growth or change in style.

Again I know he's still mad young and this stuff will come from him, but I just expected it sooner is all... He a bit boring to me right now.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It sounds the exact same, the flows is the same. And he does have 6 solos, and one collab project. He peaked at the Bigger Artist and everyone after has been a shyttier version, with no growth or change in style.

Again I know he's still mad young and this stuff will come from him, but I just expected it sooner is all... He a bit boring to me right now.
Gotta disagree. Like I said this album was all guitar production while his prior shyt was mostly piano. He pitched his voice all the the way down going back and forth rapping as if it was a convo with Uzi. That’s concept. Even tried speaking a lil Spanish on a track. I never heard him use that flow he used on Mood Swings. Me and my Guitar is definitely a very different track for him that nikka never made a emo rock song. Streets Don’t Love You is also one of his most introspective tracks with even a little storytelling which he don’t do a lot of. He showed artistic growth.

The Bigger Artist was a rushed album. Had some great songs but it’s not as polished as this and definitely not better than Hoodie SZN.

The only thing that’s pretty much the same is his content but that’s who he is an artist.

Last edited:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its true though, the next NY nikka that comes on that fly Mase/Nas/Camron/Jigga drug dealing rap is going to blow big time, especially if it a young dude with a background in the streets, the game is oversaturated with singers and auto tune users.

Saying that I fukk with a boogie but there’s a gap in the market there, just as well as there is a gap in the Rnb scene for a girl group...

Only if he is a supertroll like 6IXN9NE otherwise he'll be the next Casanova/Dave East

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Only if he is a supertroll like 6IXN9NE otherwise he'll be the next Casanova/Dave East

Nope Casanova made it into rap at an old age.

Dave East has nothing to talk about, his content is one of the reasons he won’t blow, too boring.

Im talking a Killa Cam Mase type heck even a young focused Juelz Santana in this climate would do numbers.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Dave East has nothing to talk about, his content is one of the reasons he won’t blow, too boring.

Im talking a Killa Cam Mase type heck even a young focused Juelz Santana in this climate would do numbers.
Dave East one of the most introspective rhymers out he has content.

He won’t get much bigger than where he’s at because he can’t make singles and don’t got much melody in his voice.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ASAP Rocky is the closest thing to what you describe and he did okay

Dave East has nothing to talk about ? :comeon:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Standouts

Cinderralla story

Stain

Blood on my Denim

Numbers

Calm down

DTB

the last album is better

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gigantic A Boogie fan here (check my post-history), but this is his least satisfying joint so far to me (I never listened to International Artist though). When I first heard Hoodie Szn it took me like 3 listens to start liking it more, but I'm not sure if that will happen with this project.

Of course, I still want him to do numbers cause I'm a fan, but this is lacking. Thankfully, over the span of all of his projects he still has enough good songs that you can make a legit "Best of A. Boogie" project and you wouldn't have to work too hard to compile it.