A-Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Artist 2.0 (Discussion Thread)

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
On Numbers chorus... Am I hearing things???

"I take that Maybach where them gays at, tell my brothers ball 100 summers"

:mjtf:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Meek Mill came out a long time ago in a different climate. To stay relevant he’s had to tap in with the young nikkas have ‘em on features, use they flows, sign them and co-sign them.

A new artist trying to get his foot in the door not coming out like that. The young aspiring artists aren’t even compelled to make music like that. Young street nikkas don’t even rap from that old mafioso, kingpin perspective.

NY biggest rapper is Boogie, Philly biggest rapper is Uzi, Chicago biggest rapper was Juice WRLD fore he passed, H-Town got Travis, ATL got Thug, LA biggest rapper is Roddy.

This is what young nikkas want that emo shyt, subtle street shyt mixed with love songs, that rockstar image, melodies mixed with bars, singing.

It is what it is.

I agree with you but when something becomes oversaturated, the smart man makes a lot of money going the opposite way.

Music industry has trends and soon people will be thirsting for authentic street nikkas who can actually rap and not just sing.

This is why Pop Smoke is so huge right now as he is in the middle road, he isn’t lyrically like the 90’s rappers but he is rugged, actually raps and isn’t using auto tune on every song and dying his hair blonde lol.

Trust me, the next New York rapper that comes with that street shyt really rapping his ass off and still relevant to the youth in age and topics will take off, I’m sure about this, regardless of all theee auto tune singers the biggest selling rappers in the game are these guys

Drake, J Cole, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Jay-Z, so who’s buying all the music?

Most of the guys in that list I don’t even consider rappers, think about it, while young thug was popping 21 Savage became the biggest selling ATL rapper right from under him, and the same is happening with A Boogie and Pop Smoke. It just needs someone with the right style and image and not a corny Joey Badass type who is living off recreating the 90’s.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Played thru the whole album this afternoon. I'm feeling it off one listen.
Probably do a second run thru in the whip and make my cuts later.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Meek Mill came out a long time ago in a different climate. To stay relevant he’s had to tap in with the young nikkas have ‘em on features, use they flows, sign them and co-sign them.

A new artist trying to get his foot in the door not coming out like that. The young aspiring artists aren’t even compelled to make music like that. Young street nikkas don’t even rap from that old mafioso, kingpin perspective.

NY biggest rapper is Boogie, Philly biggest rapper is Uzi, Chicago biggest rapper was Juice WRLD fore he passed, H-Town got Travis, ATL got Thug, LA biggest rapper is Roddy.

This is what young nikkas want that emo shyt, subtle street shyt mixed with love songs, that rockstar image, melodies mixed with bars, singing.

It is what it is.
You sure thats not Pop right now:patrice:

Anyways.... Off first listen im a bit:patrice:. Hes been consistently underwhelming since his earlier projects. I'll have to give it another listen

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You sure thats not Pop right now:patrice:
Anyways.... Off first listen im a bit:patrice:. Hes been consistently underwhelming since his earlier projects. I'll have to give it another listen
Pop Smoke isn’t selling any records yet. Pop Smoke is up and coming. His run isn’t even close to 2016 Boogie on his come up. :heh:

These Meet The Woo projects was not bigger than Artist and Highbridge Vol. 1 in the streets of NYC.

Hoodie SZN was one of the highest streaming albums of 2019 he went Plat. Nikkas gotta let that old A-Boogie go too, his last album was his best project. Let’s see where this one stacks up but sonically this shyt is on another level for him.

How is Pop bigger than Boogie :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I agree with you but when something becomes oversaturated, the smart man makes a lot of money going the opposite way.

Music industry has trends and soon people will be thirsting for authentic street nikkas who can actually rap and not just sing.

This is why Pop Smoke is so huge right now as he is in the middle road, he isn’t lyrically like the 90’s rappers but he is rugged, actually raps and isn’t using auto tune on every song and dying his hair blonde lol.

Trust me, the next New York rapper that comes with that street shyt really rapping his ass off and still relevant to the youth in age and topics will take off, I’m sure about this, regardless of all theee auto tune singers the biggest selling rappers in the game are these guys

Drake, J Cole, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Jay-Z, so who’s buying all the music?

Most of the guys in that list I don’t even consider rappers, think about it, while young thug was popping 21 Savage became the biggest selling ATL rapper right from under him, and the same is happening with A Boogie and Pop Smoke. It just needs someone with the right style and image and not a corny Joey Badass type who is living off recreating the 90’s.
Pop ain't a Meek Mill type rapper though :patrice:

As far as the bolded yeah those guys are the highest selling they're industry veterans/legends with large fanbases but I wouldn't say they're the ones representative of the music/culture right now.

We'll see. I could tell you right now there's no one on the horizon. Hip-Hop always goes forward never backward. :hubie:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I'm feeling these tracks the most Thug Love, Cinderella Story, Numbers, Stain, DTB 4 Life, Blood On My Denim, Streets Don't Love You. Out the single I liked Mood Swings, Reply is calm need a video, and the King of my City joint was just whatever.

It's a good album a lot of tracks on here for everybody. The only track I felt like skipping on the first listen was Good Girls Gone Bad. Boogie went from piano based production on the first Artist to guitar based production on the second one his ear for music has to be commended. As well as just the whole project from the sounds to the cover art. Bro puts effort into this shyt. Also the first Artist 2 got scrapped due to leaks some of the tracks is on YT. I can't really compare it to any of his prior albums this is his most commercialized effort. I don't know if it's these new AirPods I got but this shyt sound clean as fukk mixing wise.

There's gonna be a deluxe version coming out soon too. I feel like he dropped this kinda underpromoted and didn't care for having a big lead single so it's gonna be interesting to see what numbers he come out with. Gonna be battling pop stars like Bieber and Tame Impala on the charts this week.

Last edited:

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
I love what A boogie does on every song hes arguably top 10 most talented young artists. His performance is 8.5, 9/10 but the beats are like a 5. His last project definitely had better production but his pen and voice are the standouts on this project. I enjoyed this project tho a lot of songs I like

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Streaming numbers are all smoke and mirrors...using that to claim Kony is laughable at best :comeon:
Only Coli nikkas would dispute this :laff:

If you been in the city and went outside over the last 3 years it’s not even close

Talking about fake streaming numbers when he had one of the most organic come ups :comeon: