A Bar I Regularly Visited Before The Shutdown Has Closed

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do want a son. I'm just not focused on relationships right now, placing my time and energy on launching a business. I guess, as idealistic as it may sound, that I'm waiting until my business succeeds and I have millions before turning my eyes towards finding a wife. I'm still young enough to play the scene, but I know that I need to settle down within a few years. Not trying to be a 50 year old playboy.

:francis:
:flabbynsick:

Daps
But IT IS old lol and I’m old so I would know. You haven’t embraced it, yet. Everyone that called Obama “young” was pushing 80 :skip:
How the fukk is 40 old, though? I can still dunk a basketball. I can still run a marathon. I can still lift 250 lbs. Come on. It is _older_. I was fukking with this girl at my job, a cute Dominican who is 29 now. When we started messing around, she asked me age, and I told her I was 38. She said, "ok, you're not old, you're older." And, that's how I look at it. I'm older. I'm not in 20s. But, I'm not old, either. I'm not even middle aged. I'm just not 20. Black people need to get over their hangups on age. We all grow old. It's life. Being 40 doesn't mean you're old. And being 20 doesn't mean you won't reach 40 at some point.

:mjlol:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How the fukk is 40 old, though? I can still dunk a basketball. I can still run a marathon. I can still lift 250 lbs. Come on. It is _older_. I was fukking with this girl at my job, a cute Dominican who is 29 now. When we started messing around, she asked me age, and I told her I was 38. She said, "ok, you're not old, you're older." And, that's how I look at it. I'm older. I'm not in 20s. But, I'm not old, either. I'm not even middle aged. I'm just not 20. Black people need to get over their hangups on age. We all grow old. It's life. Being 40 doesn't mean you're old. And being 20 doesn't mean you won't reach 40 at some point.

Breh don’t take some of these clowns on here serious, just live your life

Daps
Breh don’t take some of these clowns on here serious, just live your life

shyt is comedy, though. I think a lot of them are in their teens, which I can relate to. I was saying a lot of dumb shyt, especially with regards to older brehs, at that time. When I was 20, I thought a dude who was 30 was a bum nikka. I remember my a 1 and I smoking and saying, "yo, if we are ever 30 and hitting up these clubs, kill me, nikka." And, I'm 40 and hitting up bars. So, I get it. I just find it hilarious because dudes are echoing the same dumb shyt I did, in an age where there wasn't corona and all of this other shyt we're dealing with. They are about to learn real quick.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
tenor.gif

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was born in 1979. I don't disagree with there being nothing wrong with getting old, but it's stupid to think 40 is old. It's not even middle aged, which is 50. Yes, it will happen to us all, but let's not start clowning older members of our community for their age when they're not even "old" yet. No other races do this shyt. You really think white people are clowning dudes who turned 40? Majority of successful businesses were founded by people who were 45. Most of the top white actors are 40 or older, and they're considered heartthrobs. Stop buying into the self-hate.
The average life expectancy for a black man in America is 69 years old, which means you ARE middle aged and probably lived 45-50 percent of your life by now, no offense. You say you’re fit and youthful so you may out pace many other black men, but still. You’re old my G :francis:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt is comedy, though. I think a lot of them are in their teens, which I can relate to. I was saying a lot of dumb shyt, especially with regards to older brehs, at that time. When I was 20, I thought a dude who was 30 was a bum nikka. I remember my a 1 and I smoking and saying, "yo, if we are ever 30 and hitting up these clubs, kill me, nikka." And, I'm 40 and hitting up bars. So, I get it. I just find it hilarious because dudes are echoing the same dumb shyt I did, in an age where there wasn't corona and all of this other shyt we're dealing with. They are about to learn real quick.

I think Americans are socially conditioned to be a certain way by a certain age, and when you don’t conform to the norm you’re considered an outcast

Daps
The average life expectancy for a black man in America is 69 years old, which means you ARE middle aged and probably lived 45-50 percent of your life by now, no offense. You say you’re fit and youthful so you may out pace many other black men, but still. You’re old my G :francis:
No, in biological terms, 40 is not middle aged. We're not using social terms. Stop buying into self-hate, breh. Support black people. You are sounding very defeated.

Daps
Average black man lives to be 68, nothing wrong with being middle age
I don't think I'm the average black man. Both of my parents went to top schools. Dad graduated from MIT, mom from Harvard. And, to be frank, I don't mean to say that as something to be proud of. I'm just giving you my history. In spite of being raised in a two parent household in Cambridge, I still made mistakes. I went to prison for distribution of cocaine. I've been in the streets. I've been arrested in drug raids. A middle class upbringing doesn't guarantee you won't slip up. What I mean to say is that I think - hope - I am going to live longer than 68, and I don't think being 40 makes me middle aged. No other race is considered middle aged at 40, so why should black people be?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You're the one with the hang up though :heh: You're talking about being 9 years younger than Obama to an audience that's 15-20 years younger than you :skip:. Obama's REALLY old to them. Then you're saying you want a kid AFTER your business jumps off, which hasn't launched yet, and it yields millions, but you also don't want to be a 50 year old playboy. You have a lot to do in 9 years. You can be 41, in shape, and trying to start a business, but saying you're "young enough to play the field" is some serious denial.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People that hang out in bars, especially neighborhood bars in CAC ass Boston or of the loser variety. Wtf is there to do in a bar? Get drunk, fall off a Barstool, talk to CACs, talk about sports, look at alcoholic ladies, waste time and your life.
:hhh:
I go to bars regularly, and you’re telling the truth. Those hole in the wall bars are the most depressing places in the world.

Daps
You're the one with the hang up though :heh: You're talking about being 9 years younger than Obama to an audience that's 15-20 years younger than you :skip:. Obama's REALLY old to them. Then you're saying you want a kid AFTER your business jumps off, which hasn't launched yet, and it yields millions, but you also don't want to be a 50 year old playboy. You have a lot to do in 9 years. You can be 41, in shape, and trying to start a business, but saying you're "young enough to play the field" is some serious denial.

Breh, the math ain't working for you. Most people on here are not 20 years younger than me. Most people here are 35-45. Yeah, I'm taking my chances and hedging a bet on my business popping off before I decide to settle down. That's the risk some entrepreneurs take. When I say I'm young enough to play the field, I'm saying that I'm still a good looking dude, have money in the bank, and know how to dress. And, almost all women, of all legal ages, don't have a problem dating a man who is 40. You're the one with the hangup, breh. I'm cool with being 40.