A Bar I Regularly Visited Before The Shutdown Has Closed

Daps
Not sure how to feel. I mean, it's a bar, and Boston literally has hundreds of others, many of whom will reopen when things return to normal. But, this was a local bar that I've been a regular patron of for almost a decade, a place where friendships were started and ended, one where I met several women I became intimate with, a location that holds a lot of memories that intersect with various points of growth I've experienced for the past 10 years. At my age, a few months shy of 41, it's probably arguable that I should find a wife and abandon the bar life. I understand that the shutdown was necessary. Hell, you all know that I'm firmly in the camp of those who think the shutdowns must continue. So, I'm not suggesting that the shutdown shouldn't have happened. It's just hard to see your own "Cheers" close because of it.

:mjcry:

Daps
Go to Cheers breh

giphy.gif

Daps
Do you plan to have kids?
I do want a son. I'm just not focused on relationships right now, placing my time and energy on launching a business. I guess, as idealistic as it may sound, that I'm waiting until my business succeeds and I have millions before turning my eyes towards finding a wife. I'm still young enough to play the scene, but I know that I need to settle down within a few years. Not trying to be a 50 year old playboy.

:francis:

Daps
I thought you was in your early 30’s. You are old as shyt my guy :flabbynsick:
Nah, come on, fam. 40 ain't old. It's older. It's 7 years younger than Obama, who was criticized by people for being a "boy" and a "kid" when he took office. I still look great. I'm in excellent shape. Women still think I'm "hot." A black man who's 40, as long as he isn't a drug addict, looks as good as a breh in his 20s or 30s. We have to stop clowning black people who are mature. It's a stupid and silly tendency we have. Only black people clown young dudes in their 40s. shyt is corny.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, come on, fam. 40 ain't old. It's older. It's 7 years younger than Obama, who was criticized by people for being a "boy" and a "kid" when he took office. I still look great. I'm in excellent shape. Women still think I'm "hot." A black man who's 40, as long as he isn't a drug addict, looks as good as a breh in his 20s or 30s. We have to stop clowning black people who are mature. It's a stupid and silly tendency we have. Only black people clown young dudes in their 40s. shyt is corny.

You was born in the 1970's. You're Gen X, you will be 50 before this decade is up. It's time to give it up breh, you're not young anymore. There's nothing wrong with getting old, it's going to happen to all of us (hopefully)

Boogie

Big Homie
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

HOTl8FS.gif

:umad:

Daps
You was born in the 1970's. You're Gen X, you will be 50 before this decade is up. It's time to give it up breh, you're not young anymore. There's nothing wrong with getting old, it's going to happen to all of us (hopefully)
I was born in 1979. I don't disagree with there being nothing wrong with getting old, but it's stupid to think 40 is old. It's not even middle aged, which is 50. Yes, it will happen to us all, but let's not start clowning older members of our community for their age when they're not even "old" yet. No other races do this shyt. You really think white people are clowning dudes who turned 40? Majority of successful businesses were founded by people who were 45. Most of the top white actors are 40 or older, and they're considered heartthrobs. Stop buying into the self-hate.