A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
:dahell: why are you including yourself with that group of people if you haven't been saying it?

I was told this about every single game I've posted in official threads about, from gow, to FF16, 7, ronin and Wukong is just the lastest example.

Are you saying this isn't happening though? I mean you can go back to any game that's a 3rd or 1st party exclusive and if anything about frame rate or resolution is mentioned the defense force comes out.

:manny:
Because that poster insists on jumping into conversations and discussions that has nothing to with him.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Head of communications at Remedy responded to people (on Resetera) shytting on the ps5 pro version of the game

I had to check Era during weekend Lol. Remedy's games and resolution discussion pops up every once in a while. Image quality matters more than resolution, not that I'm confirming anything.

We'll drop some details on the PS5 Pro version of Alan Wake 2 in the coming weeks with some assets too. I think the version will be a pleasant surprise, but hard to tell these days.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Is a console a PC? A person who wants a console isn't getting it with the idea that it has less utility than a PC. It's like arguing that a $10,000 Sedan is not worth it because you can get a pickup truck for a bit more and it has more "utility". Everything said here could've applied 4 years ago where people furiously tried building a $500 PC to match the PS5 and Series X missing the entire point of why someone even wants a PC.

Not to mention, most PC players are tired of the common issue plaguing PC ports of games.
the-last-of-us-pc-naughty-dog-update-550x309.jpg

Too many PC fanboys online will love to downplay this fact that there's been WAY more issues with PC ports for lots of games vs their console ports. For every rare "Cyberpunk 2077" on console, there's like 10 games on PC that are way worse literally rendering games unplayable. Games literally not working, crashing at launch, technical issues like certain options not being available, horrible stutters.

I couldn't play Elden Ring a while back because of some stupid issue. I fixed it but not everyone wants to turn into a squeaky voice tech cac to play a damn game. I bought a game with my cousin through Steam(Elden Ring) and to this day he never was able to play it as the game for some reason kept playing below 20fps stuttering like hell despite his PC being capable enough to play it. After a few hours of trying several things he just gave up.

I've lost hours of progress from my Jet Set Radio install randomly. Booted up the game and my save was gone with fixes saying to do a hex edit on some file possibly. I don't count emulator issues, this a native PC port. These things are annoying enough to push someone towards gaming on a console at times.

This "it's a CPU from 4 years ago" argument is pointless. Most games aren't CPU limited this generation. Almost every game has 60fps mode with some even higher(COD and other racers.) It's not like the PS4/XB1 gen where the CPU's were crappy literally at launch.

The fact that games have performance modes that target higher framerates at the expense of lower resolutions/fidelity proves that. Anyone saying this generation is CPU limited is a moron just espousing random fanboy rhetoric they're seeing online.

The "better options" aren't a 1:1 comparison. That's why this "build a PC for double the price!" arguments are stupid. A person who wants a high end gaming PC would probably already have one and this doesn't apply to them. Why are you guys acting stupid about this? I have a high end gaming PC, I still want a Pro for different reasons which I've outlined several times already. People don't need to write a thesis to explain that. Those "you can get a better deal" arguments would be better suited to someone debating on getting a gaming laptop or desktop.

The average console player ain't got time to be doing this:

I literally had to this just to play Wukong at 4K on my PC. Lol come on . I'm tired of explaining this.

The reality is the PS5 is the best value and the Pro is a poor value. That’s why it’s getting blasted like that.

When I look at my PS5 and go I’m good with that it’s not because I’m frugal or unable to afford a Pro. Hell my PS5 base and the 4TB internal hard drive combined cost more than a Pro would but I’ve had them for years now and I see the value of owning them.

Maybe you look at the PS5 Pro and say you’d rather have that. Nothing wrong with that but to the majority of people it’s still a poor value. Hell I buy things all the time that are poor values because I still want them but I know I’m wasting money and I’m not gonna front like it’s a great choice.

This purchase was a terrible value. Didn’t need it and don’t take full advantage of it but I wanted it anyway and would buy it again. I’ll also be the first to admit it’s a horrendous value and if somebody called it out for that wouldn’t argue with them at all.

IMG-3798.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
*$1200-1300 -- since lets be honest most people buying the ps5 pro also bought an original ps5. Spend $1300 on same gen console to play games at 60 fps still in 2024 brehs
And they bought a PSVR2. A PS portal. PS+ and paid for online play.

PC gaming too expensive tho :mjpls:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
And they bought a PSVR2. A PS portal. PS+ and paid for online play.

PC gaming too expensive tho :mjpls:
theyve had to spend money on additional harddrive space, PS+ plus, new controllers every generation, yet im seeing these idiots bring up mouse and keyboard costs which you can use through multiple pc builds :what:

some of these posters in here crying about PC costs, have spent $2000+ on their PS5 :sas2:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I've been PC for awhile. can't remember when my laptop had a cd drive. almost forgot disks were still a thing. I still own my ps4 and whenever I have to play an old game I have to clear out some space :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The reality is the PS5 is the best value and the Pro is a poor value. That’s why it’s getting blasted like that.
How is that a reality when the thing hasn't launched yet? Are there sales already? Is it selling below expectations? Are there Pro's sitting on endcaps in stores not moving? "Blasted" is just typical internet outrage about the price and hardly anything has been seen outside of a few seconds of footage in a 9 minute presentation. PS5 Pro =/= new generation launch.

When I look at my PS5 and go I’m good with that it’s not because I’m frugal or unable to afford a Pro. Hell my PS5 base and the 4TB internal hard drive combined cost more than a Pro would but I’ve had them for years now and I see the value of owning them.
That's your own personal view of value. A PS5 or any console given to someone who doesn't like the controller, hates playing on consoles and prefers to play RTS games on a desk/monitor would see the PS5 has having no value to them.

Maybe you look at the PS5 Pro and say you’d rather have that. Nothing wrong with that but to the majority of people it’s still a poor value. Hell I buy things all the time that are poor values because I still want them but I know I’m wasting money and I’m not gonna front like it’s a great choice.
Again, the majority of people aren't the target audience for it. It would be like saying the Nvidia RTX 4090 is a terrible value because the majority of people don't have it. I think the biggest misconception here are people treating the launch of the Pro as a new console generation and are expecting a huge chunk of gamers to switch. Around 25% of PS4's sold from 2016~2020 were the Pros. That can be framed as "bad" depending on how you view it.

This purchase was a terrible value. Didn’t need it and don’t take full advantage of it but I wanted it anyway and would buy it again. I’ll also be the first to admit it’s a horrendous value and if somebody called it out for that wouldn’t argue with them at all.

IMG-3798.png
Again I don't know why you're explaining to me things you bought that you didn't really need. That's not what I'm talking about. Here you have a thread with people who have zero idea what they're talking about being the loudest. At this point, it's just pure trolling and fanboy fodder. I'm not responding to anymore posts in this thread as it's pointless with barely anything to go off of(Video/image comparisons, hands on etc.)

The mere fact that a lot of people don't understand that ML AI upscaling renders games internally at a lower resolution than the display and then uses the tech to upscale is baffling seeing as how they're the first ones to comment about resolutions. This is "HAZ N0 FulL RDNA!" and "oNlLY 9 tF LOL" nonsense all over again and when they released it ended up with the usual suspects looking stupid with many games performing better on PS5.

This "tech" side of the forum is a joke and hence why I started blocking certain users instead of engaging their dishonest takes.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Players are getting hit with the biggest misdirection from Sony and don't see it at all.

The only reason this box is getting released right now is A) To soften up the 800-900 dollar price tag heading your way in 2027/28 and B) It's 80 percent the same hardware, so they might be breaking even or possibly making profit with these.

I'm leaning towards them actually probably making profit off the pro, otherwise there is zero reason to announce and release the pro now without having a flagship game to try to incentivize "why you need it"

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Players are getting hit with the biggest misdirection from Sony and don't see it at all.

The only reason this box is getting released right now is A) To soften up the 800-900 dollar price tag heading your way in 2027/28 and B) It's 80 percent the same hardware, so they might be breaking even or possibly making profit with these.

I'm leaning towards them actually probably making profit off the pro, otherwise there is zero reason to announce and release the pro now without having a flagship game to try to incentive "why you need it"
They are definitely making big profit off the disc drive and base. :wow: