A 29-year-old Black mayor is giving his city's poorest residents $500 per month.

BurstWicks

All Star
Daps
Yang gang :ohhh:

Nice. :myman:

Not heavy on policy, but naturally we want a guy in office who is gunna help us prosper.. so when any politician is talkin bout putting cold hard cash in my pocket they have my full support.

Bush was reviled at the time, but ill never say a bad word about the man because when i got that 300$ stimulus check in 2007 i was like...

:obama::blessed:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's just a given breh. We've been in an oligarchy for a while now. Cities in America will be like Paris where only the rich/well-off live in the city and all the poor folk live in the suburbs.

The wealth disparity has been widening for decades at this point....shyt gonna get realer than real in 5-10 years time

Especially in the downtown locations..

If you're black and living in the city, best believe it'll be on the outskirts..

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
That's just a given breh. We've been in an oligarchy for a while now. Cities in America will be like Paris where only the rich/well-off live in the city and all the poor folk live in the suburbs.

The wealth disparity has been widening for decades at this point....shyt gonna get realer than real in 5-10 years time
already happened to PHX

the rich cacs and gay rich cacs have almost taken over it seems

so bad that central high school is taking a hit, by having a decrease in kids at their school.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hasn't he been doing this for a couple years now?

i feel like i first heard this story in 2016/17

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
no he didn't

people have been talking about UBI for decades.

even MLK mentioned it.

Yes he did, that's why Yang's name comes up in the interview - this is a remix to yangs plan.

and this isn't really a UBI, this is more of a stipend for a select group of people

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Tubbs doesn't support Andrew Yang's plan
Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang has made basic income a prominent part of his platform. Yang says that if elected, he would give $1,000 a month, or $12,000 a year, to every adult US citizen over 18. He calls this basic-income plan the "Freedom Dividend."

But his proposed program would require participants to forgo their existing social-security benefits (with the exception of retirement benefits). Veterans and differently abled citizens would continue to receive their current benefits alongside a basic income.

and that's why I trust his implementation over Yangs. Any day.

Yes he did, that's why Yang's name comes up in the interview - this is a remix to yangs plan.

and this isn't really a UBI, this is more of a stipend for a select group of people