90's brehs.....Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?(Poll Added)

Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?

• Cartoon Network

Votes: 90 52.9%
  • Nickelodeon

Votes: 80 47.1%

• Total voters

tater

Superstar
Daps
I gotta say Nick.Ren and Stimpy and Rocko put it over the top... But Cartoon Network put a breh on the classics in its early days like Top Cat and Wacky Races. :wow:

They definitely get honorable mention for the old school cartoons. Looney toons, Hong Kong phooey, scooby doo, speed racer, etc.

But nick still wins IMO.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no question nick

if you were born in 87 or older Nick was your child hood

doug
rugrats
ren and stimpy
aaa real monsters
double dare
salute your shorts
guts
nick arcade
what would you do
*head explodes*

I didn't even watch CN in the 90s unless DBZ was on. I sometimes watched dexters lab or johnny bravo

Nick shytted on everything
Disney with DWD Ducktales, chip and dale talespin goofy etc.
WB and Fox are next with the superhero shows
Then CN

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Nick had it until cartoon network got toonami dragon ball dexter courage cow and chicken and kept the crown when they got adult swim later.

BTW courage ,rockos modern life and aqua teen huger force holds up until this day...went back and tried to watch rugrats and Doug couldn't understand the appeal even as a kid

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I loved both networks growing up but lets be honest, CN takes the cake for my peers.

It sounds to me that most of yall saying Nick are 30 years olds or close to it. But I understand why, Nick dominated most of the 90s until CN stepped their game up with Toonami and better shows around 96-97. Yall were obviously too old by then to appreciate these when I was kid.

is 25 old? you must 16-17. I fukked with Toonami everyday solely for DBZ. Nick just had a better crop of shows that most people just don't remember. All That, K&K, Ren & Stimpy, etc.

All yall nikkas here have cited nothing more than Toonami when it comes to CN content. Nick was really shytting on everybody when it came to kids programming. With that said CN did have some of the GOAT shows like Dexter, Courage, Cow & Chicken. (which is why this debate is 50/50)

Honestly too close to call but my heart stays with Nick.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Don't even get me started on Snick....like c'mon dawg

All That, Kennan and Kel, Kablam, Skeeter...

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Nick had it until cartoon network got toonami dragon ball dexter courage cow and chicken and kept the crown when they got adult swim later.

BTW courage ,rockos modern life and aqua teen huger force holds up until this day...went back and tried to watch rugrats and Doug couldn't understand the appeal even as a kid

i tried to watch Doug and was:scust: at how much of a little bytch he is.

mguy96

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm probably the youngest one in this thread right now lol, since I was born in '96.

but I'm definitely going with Cartoon Network, and luckily I was born just in time to catch the golden age of the channel before it ended in Summer 2004, since I was in Kindergarten through 2nd grade watching the network when they still used their original checkerboard logo that looks like this vvvv
Cartoon_Network_logo.JPG

and I was at the age of 5-8 watching the network regularly when they still used this logo from Summer 2001 through Spring 2004, I remember throughout the 1st half of my elementary school years coming home each Friday to watch new episodes of Samurai Jack, Justice League, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd n Eddy, Time Squad, Grim & Evil, Courage the Cowardly Dog, etc. Then during the weekends you had classic like the original Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry, then you had movies shown during the weekends on Cartoon Theatre like Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Wakko's WIsh, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, and much more. My favorite year for Cartoon Network was 2002 in my opinion, that was the best, but the best year for Toonami was 2003 especially that summer though with Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball Z, G Gundam, He-Man, and Justice League. Here's my best memories of the channel in its golden years.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh was king simp. And when it was moved to another channel he became a bigger bytch... Also adult swim came in and crushed the buildings back in the day I still watch those shows.

Doug was an OG, now that bullshyt Doug they had on ABC was trash

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
Back then I was under the impression that Cartoon Network was for a slightly older audience so I felt:myman:
when I would watch it like one of the big kids
Also like brehs said I can still watch ppg,looney toons,dbz,batman etc. and still be:popcorn:
Classic nick has good memories but watching it now...:ld:
Can't forget Are You Afraid of the Dark :blessed:
:sadbron: My brother used to make me leave when his friends were sleeping over by turning this on at night

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
CN off the strength of DBZ and Toonami. Courage is G.O.A.T., Nick had better real sitcom/comedy skit styled shows while CN had better cartoons. Both great it wasn't just the '90 it was piff well into the mid-2000's.

Disney wasn't bad that was the go-to for classics and movies a nikka used to watch That's So Raven.

Childhood :mjcry:

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I love both, but when toonami starterd airing, nick couldn't fukk with cn.

If it wasn't for DBZ, Cartoon Network would of got ZERO play. They had the corniest shows. Cow and chicken :scust: Ed Ed and eddy or whatever the fukk :scust: courage the cowardly dog :what: that channel was for special needs kids
:what: Man shut your stupid ass up