9 years ago today Eddie Guerrero died :sadcam: :mjcry:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nine years ago this morning Eddie Guerrero died in his hotel room of a heart attack. Personally I still remember the day like it was yesterday. Can't remember another wrestler who connected with the crowd the way Eddie did. Never seen an entire industry all mourn together at the same time that way, and personally I feel like a hole was left behind that's never been filled. Always get bummed out on this day. Respect. I think I can speak on behalf of the majority of the fanbase when I say we miss the guy. We lost him too soon. Any favorite memories of his that make us smile or laugh?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Remember seeing it scroll across the bottom of the screen on whatever show i was watching on E! at that time and just being in complete shock.

Didn't set it until the 10 bell salute
Saw it on the company website. Eddie was known for hacking people's site and playing gags, so I was in disbelief. Then the tna pay per view that night had guys with his initials on their arm band. That ten bell salute was one of the saddest things I ever saw.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick story... my mother has a commercial/domestic housekeeping company and she actually met with Eddie one time cause he wanted some apartment he owned on Miami Beach cleaned.

My mom recognized him from the news and said he was very nice to her employees and kept asking them if they wanted anything from the fridge to help themselves :mjcry::sadcam::to:

She's always known that I was a pro wrasslin fan, but she didn't know he was a wrestler... she said she would have gotten his autograph for me but she assumed he was a bodybuilder. :sadbron:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That time on SD that he got Jesus ejected by doing his classic yell and curse up a storm in Spanish, slam a chair on the ground, toss it to him, and then collapse on the table. Then he keeps giving the :umad: when the ref has his back turned. Even used that tactic to win his final match :salute: lie, cheat, and steal

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was legit crying when I heard the news and don't even get me started on the Tribute show
giphy.gif

RIP to Latino Heat