9/3/24 ESPN+: Naoya Monster Inoue vs TJ Doheny (Undisputed Super Bantamweight Championship)

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Rey Vargas? :heh: ...and mentioning 2 135 cats in Tank and De Los Santos :huh:
It was a response to the video. I KNOW inoue is at 122, I also know it's his 4th weight class. That's why I mentioned guys in HIGHER weight classes. We have weight classes for a reason. How could you not understand what I was typing? Are you slow?

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ill never understand TR sometimes...their american cards have been suffering from shoddy matchmaking but the japanese cards they co promote, they get it right

those 2 undercard fights should be straight up slugfests
Is TR actually involved in the matchmaking for these JP cards?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Barroso the goat is back with a damn belt at 41. LFG

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
So they really fighting in December? Was this a done deal after he broke his hand fighting some Maui Thai fighter. Let’s see. Time will tell. But what a waste. What did Sam Goodman gain by this tune up bout? He didn’t get any better. If anything he got worse now he gotta fight Inoue with one hand smh.
Nah not a done deal, I think the Arab carrot was dangling nicely for both those camps, however that ship might have sailed, or more to the point, lost traction because of disagreements, and not with each other (camps.)

If it happens, i don’t know now, the hand is an issue obviously, but the timing seems a little funny now.

If Goodman does a chat post fight then we know it might be back tbh.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Feel bad for TJ Doheny, Monster is about to tear his azz up. Especially after that knock down he's gonna wanna save face and make an example out of him. Same thing if he ever fights Sam Goodman.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Feel bad for TJ Doheny, Monster is about to tear his azz up. Especially after that knock down he's gonna wanna save face and make an example out of him. Same thing if he ever fights Sam Goodman.
Let’s just hope Inoue isn’t feeling himself like his last fight.

He disgraced himself in the walk out, and then in the first round.

He’s going to get knocked out sooner rather than later if he keeps it up.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Let’s just hope Inoue isn’t feeling himself like his last fight.

He disgraced himself in the walk out, and then in the first round.

He’s going to get knocked out sooner rather than later if he keeps it up.
What was so disgraceful about the walk out?

I think he came in and never showed Nery any kind of respect due to his history in Japan. But he clearly dominated Nery soon after.

The only way he gets knocked out is if he moves up way too high in weight class. I don’t see anyone beating this guy at 122 and 126.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
What was so disgraceful about the walk out?

I think he came in and never showed Nery any kind of respect due to his history in Japan. But he clearly dominated Nery soon after.

The only way he gets knocked out is if he moves up way too high in weight class. I don’t see anyone beating this guy at 122 and 126.
He walked out like he was the greek fable Narcissus. Pouting, parading around like he was a shytty actor from The bold and the beautiful. It was pathetic and he's better than that. His first round was a continuation of this. In boxing this will get you wiped out, especially if it isn't your character.

Inoue is my guy, don't get me wrong, I'll actually be at this fight in a fortnight in person.