9/3/24 ESPN+: Naoya Monster Inoue vs TJ Doheny (Undisputed Super Bantamweight Championship)

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
I don't think he quit. You can argue the fight was a draw going into the 7th. Or at worst 4-2. He wasn't far behind. He was holding his thigh at the end of round 6 also.

If we give him the benefit of the doubt, let's say his body started seizing up from trying to keep Inouye off him.

Whichever way you cut it, he couldn't handle the pressure

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I hope that Nery fight didn't make Inuoe too cautious in the ring. Looks like is changing his style to be more defensive. Added to the fact that 122 is a division where outside of the Fulton fight, he can't blow away opponents with his power

He had more of a break you down type of power at 122, and it's still effective anyway

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I hope that Nery fight didn't make Inuoe too cautious in the ring. Looks like is changing his style to be more defensive. Added to the fact that 122 is a division where outside of the Fulton fight, he can't blow away opponents with his power

He had more of a break you down type of power at 122, and it's still effective anyway
This reminds me of naseem Hamed and hope inoue doesn't become too defensive

Last edited: