[9/16/2022] AEW Rampage: Samoa Joe vs. Josh Woods for the ROH TV Title; Penelope Ford vs. Willow Nightingale

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
MJF's chip is like MITB apparently. No one with any intelligence is going to cash it in advance, run in during a match or right after the match to cash it in so you can go up against a guy or two when their already spent.
I don’t think it’s like MITB where he can cash-in anytime. It would be dumb to copy the E template. I think it’s more like he can ask for a proper match whenever he wants.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think it's just a matter of interpretation of what "whenever" means.

AEW has done things differently than WWE. I don’t see why they would copy the cash-in at anytime thing. Like maybe he comes out at the start of Dynamite and asks for the match in the main event.

I can already hear dudes bytching if they did the cash-in during a match. :heh:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
AEW has done things differently than WWE. I don’t see why they would copy the cash-in at anytime thing. Like maybe he comes out at the start of Dynamite and asks for the match in the main event.

I can already hear dudes bytching if they did the cash-in during a match. :heh:
I could see that happening.

I think the whole point of it from a story perspective is that he's already got his title shot, he doesn't have to jump through any more hoops or win any more matches to get it. Like it wouldn't make sense in kayfabe for him to come out two Wednesdays from now and be like "Danielson/Moxley I'm cashing in my chip at Full Gear." You can get the match whenever you want, why give the champ time to prepare, strategize, and "scout" MJF? In kayfabe, MJF isn't cashing in for that title shot until he thinks he has the best chance to win it, so someone else has to step up to the plate in the mean time to take on the champ.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Willow could be a huge face for the company, like how Bayley was to NXT. However, I never seen her win a match. Not in AEW, ROH, Impact, NWA etc. I’m not watching YouTube so I guess I never will 😂

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Willow could be a huge face for the company, like how Bayley was to NXT. However, I never seen her win a match. Not in AEW, ROH, Impact, NWA etc. I’m not watching YouTube so I guess I never will 😂
Well she's only wrestled 12 times for ROH, 1 time for Impact, and 19 times for AEW (5 on Dynamite/Rampage)., and never for NWA. He primary companies are NY Wrestling Connection, Beyond Wrestling, Women's Wrestling Revolution, and AEW. Though AEW has taken over as her most frequent company this year.