8/17/24 ESPN: Christian Mbili vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Been saying it for long. The percent of people at that size that are athletic or even just coordinated is very small. And most ain't going into boxing or mma and it shows. Mandem watching jarrell miller and thinking yeah this is the result of cutting edge modern training :deadrose:

Exactly. Like you said to be that big and coordinated enough to be an elite boxer is the rarest of the rare. It's a shame that pre 2000s, it was customary to come in around 215-230. Anything over 230 you were considered "out of shape". Riddikk Bowe in the 90s was always criticized when he came in overweight and didn't take his fitness seriously

Good times

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I'm not sold on MBilli. I feel with his fighting style, he leaves alot of opens for someone to counter him. I feel Sergiy could take advantage of that, but I think he might be too small and a little older to take advantage of it. Mbilli relies too much on his "work-rate" for my liking. Fear he may tire out in the later rounds

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I'm not sold on MBilli. I feel with his fighting style, he leaves alot of opens for someone to counter him. I feel Sergiy could take advantage of that, but I think he might be too small and a little older to take advantage of it. Mbilli relies too much on his "work-rate" for my liking. Fear he may tire out in the later rounds
Yeah he entertaining as hell but way too open. And hows that chin gonna hold up against better guys I wonder

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I'm surprised that Mbilli ain't walking out with the French Flag or Cameroonian. I guess he's marketing him self as a Quebec boxer to make more of that 🤑