[8/16/23] AEW Dynamite Fight for the Fallen: International title match; Texas Chainsaw Massacre Death Match; Omega, Cole, MJF, Bucks, Gunns, more

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Also heard that the man in the Leatherface outfit was Grado, if true watch Tony Kahn buy the rights to Madonna's Like a Prayer for one night.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Have they made up (Santana and Ortiz)?

The streets are saying they made up. If you may or may not remember, Santana was likely on the outs with AEW before his injury. I read that Tony Khan kept him on the payroll during his injury too, so that fence is likely mended as well.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
The streets are saying they made up. If you may or may not remember, Santana was likely on the outs with AEW before his injury. I read that Tony Khan kept him on the payroll during his injury too, so that fence is likely mended as well.

In both companies when you miss significant time with injuries they just pause the contract and tack that amount of time missed onto the back end

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
In both companies when you miss significant time with injuries they just pause the contract and tack that amount of time missed onto the back end

Yeah, what I meant was that I read that he kept paying Santana's full salary while he was out. I think most wrestler's deals have it where they see a decrease in pay while they're out on injury. I could be wrong though.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, what I meant was that I read that he kept paying Santana's full salary while he was out. I think most wrestler's deals have it where they see a decrease in pay while they're out on injury. I could be wrong though.

I don't think that applies anymore, I think WWE got rid of the downside guarantee/bonus model and now wrestlers get paid a guaranteed salary no matter what. I'm sure they still get extra royalties and shyt depending on what their merch does etc

as far as I know AEW is on the guaranteed salary model too