[8.14.24] AEW Dynamite - Mercedes vs. Shida, The Acclaimed vs. The Young Bucks "I'm from Virginia, Where there ain't shyt to do but Cook.."

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Have they explained why he isn't challenging for the International Title at Wembley? I'm pretty sure the n°1 contender match he won back in July was for a shot at All In :patrice:

Was it international? I know he won a title match. Wasn't sure which but I think you right.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You know it'll be a 15-20 minute banger. :francis:

Imagine Stone Cold going 15 minutes with Taka Michinoku in '98 or something.
I don't care for match length in that sense, I think people get waaay too caught up about matches going 12-15 minutes with nearfalls. I only get annoyed when a match goes 25-30-40 minutes when it's evident both wrestlers only had enough of a story and ideas to do a 20 min. match

All I want is that Swerve wins decisively and shows how much of a threat he is to cripple Danielson because that's they story they want to tell, and that requires for Yuta get destroyed before the bell rings. I don't really give a damn if Yuta gets offense and a nearfall at some point in the match as long as by the end he's :dead:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Have they explained why he isn't challenging for the International Title at Wembley? I'm pretty sure the n°1 contender match he won back in July was for a shot at All In :patrice:
I legit don't even remember that, That wasn't what got him the Okada title match?

Silkk

Daps
Claudio and Okada at Cardiff. Hopefully the winner faces Pac at Wembley or they do a triple threat. If not maybe save Okada for All Out? They gonna likely load up All In heavy so gotta see what they can save for All Out.
They're doing a show in Cardiff? When?

Silkk

Daps
I will say that with the way AEW does their gauntlet matches being first fall wins, I LOVE them having a #1 slot for someone to get the advantage.

1000 times better than just randomly giving someone the last spot in a gauntlet match where it isn't first fall wins.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I legit don't even remember that, That wasn't what got him the Okada title match?
He won a 4 way the Dynamite after he took the L to Danielson in the Owen Cup. It was for the n°1 contender spot for the Int. Title.

PAC even cut a promo after the match saying he wasn't done and shyt :dead:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I thought Claudio vs Okada was this week. They holding off until Wembley?

As they should tbh

Man wtf is Pac doing at Wembley? :gucci:

Think I saw somewhere that Cesaro is booked for Mexico the same weekend as All In which would be absolutely insane

Silkk

Daps
Dynamite right before All In and they taping Collision as well.

I like that. Wish WWE would tape TV in front of those hot ass crowds when they do PLEs.

AEW is long overdue for this though and need to be doing at least two UK tours a year. Even TNA at their worst used to get packed shows over there, Them fans be starving lol

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

The AEW Continental Championship will be defended by Kazuchika Okada against Claudio Castagnoli, with the two men having a face-to-face segment this Wednesday. However, with Castagnoli involved in the CMLL Grand Prix the day before All In, he challenged Okada to a match for the title at the "Dynamite" that will take place in Cardiff, Wales, a few days before the Wembley show. Whether this is a red herring remains to be seen, but Meltzer can't see Okada not being involved with All In.