[7/8/23] AEW Collision: Punk vs. Joe, Hobbs vs. Starks, FTR vs. Bullet Club Gold, Athena vs. Willow

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Word. Have you considered trailers or modular homes? They're a bit less expensive, but I've been in some double wides that look much nicer than single family homes!

Eh. We tried houses for rent and even modular, but settled for apartments since there's no attachments. Plus, once we get back on track...nothing stops the train of traveling.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Eh. We tried houses for rent and even modular, but settled for apartments since there's no attachments. Plus, once we get back on track...nothing stops the train of traveling.
IKTR! I know we just usually get on here to talk about nonsense, but I'm legit rooting for you guys to win. There are so many blessings coming your way, Breh, that you won't be able to count them all! Keep pushing, keep the faith, & keep your head up, Breh! 💪🏾👊🏾

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
IKTR! I know we just usually get on here to talk about nonsense, but I'm legit rooting for you guys to win. There are so many blessings coming your way, Breh, that you won't be able to count them all! Keep pushing, keep the faith, & keep your head up, Breh! 💪🏾👊🏾

This Friggin 25 characters but I received that. My family received that :wow:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
To my surprise for once I have no plans this Saturday night so...
how-2021-coming-tom-and-jerry.gif
I'm IN

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Khan needs to book shows in random ass places instead of the typical areas like Chicago and Canada. Lets go to Alaska :ehh:, friggin Koalabama :ehh:, Mississippi. If we're going to go full WCW lets Renoke Virginia the motherfukker :banderas:
They did go to Salem, VA for a house show, which is right beside Roanoke. Would have gone but it was a bad weekend for me because of family reasons.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Now that you mention it, Roanoke used to be a big time rasslin town back in the day. That was an NWA/ early WCW stronghold.
I wonder why there aren't more big wrestling events there.
Same with Mississippi (Jackson, the Delta, & Biloxi, specifically). Mississippi used to be another wrestling hotbed during the territory days.
WWE went to Roanoke for a house show earlier this year and only out like 4500 in there. For reference, a WCW Nitro episode back in 1997 had an 8700 attendance.

So 4500 is nowhere close to what the Berglund Center is capable of doing for wrestling. Unless the Berglund Center was reconfigured at some point to have less capacity

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Khan needs to book shows in random ass places instead of the typical areas like Chicago and Canada. Lets go to Alaska :ehh:, friggin Koalabama :ehh:, Mississippi. If we're going to go full WCW lets Renoke Virginia the motherfukker :banderas:
IMO, Salem Civic Center is a really good setup for wrestling because it’s small enough (does about 7K at max capacity) that it doesn't take many people to make it loud in there, they made some changes several years ago to amplify crown noise, the lighting is good and was recently upgraded, and there really aren't any bad sight line seats.

An absolute ton of parking as well because it's in a complex with at least two other fields that host a lot of events and often at the same time so if you only have a single event going there is never any parking problems.

And if you can connect with some of the local groups, especially the Rotary Club, they'll gladly work their ass off for free to help you out on the day of the show and get out in the community to promote.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They really gave CM Punk hos own show. But he's a gimmick wrestler! Couldn't beat anyone if it was real. Not believable. And brother he's not drawing like they thought

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

His character is "what if we took an angry smark cac and actually made him a wrestler! and even gave him the belt!" It's a complete gimmick. The fans know it's fake, they knew it before by looking at him, but they especially know now that he couldn't beat anyone if it was real

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
IMO, Salem Civic Center is a really good setup for wrestling because it’s small enough (does about 7K at max capacity) that it doesn't take many people to make it loud in there, they made some changes several years ago to amplify crown noise, the lighting is good and was recently upgraded, and there really aren't any bad sight line seats.

An absolute ton of parking as well because it's in a complex with at least two other fields that host a lot of events and often at the same time so if you only have a single event going there is never any parking problems.

And if you can connect with some of the local groups, especially the Rotary Club, they'll gladly work their ass off for free to help you out on the day of the show and get out in the community to promote.
That's really important. I've been to sporting events in small venues that were still loud & rockin'! A loud crowd can definitely compensate for a small venue.