[7/5] TNA Impact Thread: The Final Deletion (Link Added in OP)

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
That's because AA was on fire that year.

I'm gonna be honest. The only time TNA actually cares about the X-Division is when Destination X is coming up. That's when they want to decide to freshen things up and give the wrestlers more than 5 minutes on Impact. However, when you have said titleholder deciding that giving up the belt just to get a title shot for the TNA heavyweight title is more important than being a champion, it becomes the equivalent of a MITB briefcase.
Its funny how the concept of Money in the Bank has influence wrestling, now damn near every wrestling promoting has something like that. When I started to see G1 Climax winners get briefcases to carry around I was like :dwillhuh:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
tna-slam16-eli.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's because AA was on fire that year.

I'm gonna be honest. The only time TNA actually cares about the X-Division is when Destination X is coming up. That's when they want to decide to freshen things up and give the wrestlers more than 5 minutes on Impact. However, when you have said titleholder deciding that giving up the belt just to get a title shot for the TNA heavyweight title is more important than being a X-Division champion, it becomes the equivalent of a MITB briefcase.
I get that the world title is supposed to be considered the biggest prize but if they have dudes wanting the X-Division title just so they can use Option C it completely devalues the belt and the division.
Now if a guy has been X-Division champ for a year or so and then uses Option C it doesn't come off as bad.