7/31/18 TNA SmackDown: Joe/Styles feud; Bar vs Usos; Lana vs Zelina Vega

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's said as much. Miz says he always feels like he's fighting for respect.

It's what makes the dynamic between them so great. Miz and Daniel are similar in a lot of ways: don't fit the typical WWE build but have succeeded in spite of it, both love wrestling, both have had to fight at various points in their career to be noticed. That's why, despite everything, you can tell they respect each other.

However, the animosity stems from the key ways they're different. Daniel came up through the indies and made his name on his in ring skills, while Miz is primarily a WWE guy whose talents are first and foremost in his talking and character. Daniel is a down to Earth hippie vegan while the Miz has always been a bit of a fame chaser and a little obnoxious.

But the most important difference between them is how they view wrestling and in turn, how that makes them view each other. Miz feels like he's done everything he can - worked hundreds of matches, won titles, main evented Mania - and given his life entirely to WWE even when no one wanted him there and still has to fight for the fans and industry people to respect him. Meanwhile, here's Daniel Bryan, a guy who was basically handed the respect and support that Miz wants on his first day just because he came up from the indies.

For Bryan's part, Miz's success has to confuse him to some degree. Bryan values in ring work above all else, and while Miz isn't bad at all (I can't remember the last bad match he had), Bryan told him straight up that he doesn't like the way he wrestles. He sees Miz getting all the success that guys who could wrestle circles around him aren't and it doesn't sit well. Add to that the fact that Miz just seems like the antithesis of everything Bryan is and well...lol.

Regardless of how much is real and how much is kayfabe, it's an amazing dynamic. It almost makes the rivalry foolproof even for WWE booking because more than any other pair of wrestlers on the roster, the two characters are ready made rivals. I compare wrestling to comics a lot, and Bryan/Miz really does tap into the same energy that makes rivalries like Superman and Lex Luthor or The Flash and Zoom/Reverse Flash work.

Now we just have to hope the match delivers.:lupe:

Dope analysis, breh. I dug that.

I don't know how much I credit it to the writers, or how much I credit it to them not having as much time for fukkery compared to Raw...but I salute this show for no insulting my fukking intelligence. That's the issue with Raw mainly to me. I get slapped down by Cokeboy weekly for paying attention and applying logic. SmackDown doesn't really make me feel that way TOO often.

I thought this week's had a lot of high points, most of which was thru strong, smart promo work. Becky is everything and i'm glad that at least for now she's being used to her potential. SD has been pretty consistent for the last month, and SmackDown's portion of the Summerslam build has me actually anticipating the show.

Keep that shyt up.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naomi's but USA probably blur it out :francis:

Them Reddit cacs wilding over Charlotte’s ass like we just didn’t see her flat ass naked :russ:

This company just rewarded Charlotte will a title shot for getting her t*ts fixed :dead: you can't make this shyt up
IWMmJ8P.gif

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Dope analysis, breh. I dug that.

I don't know how much I credit it to the writers, or how much I credit it to them not having as much time for fukkery compared to Raw...but I salute this show for no insulting my fukking intelligence. That's the issue with Raw mainly to me. I get slapped down by Cokeboy weekly for paying attention and applying logic. SmackDown doesn't really make me feel that way TOO often.

I thought this week's had a lot of high points, most of which was thru strong, smart promo work. Becky is everything and i'm glad that at least for now she's being used to her potential. SD has been pretty consistent for the last month, and SmackDown's portion of the Summerslam build has me actually anticipating the show.

Keep that shyt up.
Until Charlotte, the Becky storyliine has been great. And we all knew Bryan/Miz would take over the WWE once it got going.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Becky may be turned heel if Charlotte steals the belt in the triple threat. It all makes sense too..she put in the hard work and gets it stolen by a returning Charlotte. Crowd is not gonna side with Charlotte either. Gonna be a huge misfire even though Lynch is a very good slick heel.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I don’t understand how the USO’s haven’t been on a main show at summer slam yet and why they cooled them off in favor of the bar. I still don’t like them for some reason.

Charlotte does not belong in a title match based of the storyline they are going with. It has to be to set up a Becky heel turn and have them face off at the women’s ppv for the title. Anything aslong as they get Carmella away from the title

I felt like miz won that promo, he made it look like Bryan is holding on to old beef and makes him seem obsessed. They shouldn’t of had Bryan standing there all speecheless at the end. It looked like his feelings were hurt.

My stream skipped the Orton stuff and joe cut the promo on aj that y’all cut on Jericho everyday here

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I don’t understand how the USO’s haven’t been on a main show at summer slam yet and why they cooled them off in favor of the bar. I still don’t like them for some reason.

Charlotte does not belong in a title match based of the storyline they are going with. It has to be to set up a Becky heel turn and have them face off at the women’s ppv for the title. Anything aslong as they get Carmella away from the title

I felt like miz won that promo, he made it look like Bryan is holding on to old beef and makes him seem obsessed. They shouldn’t of had Bryan standing there all speecheless at the end. It looked like his feelings were hurt.

My stream skipped the Orton stuff and joe cut the promo on aj that y’all cut on Jericho everyday here
Oh no, my friend. The baby pics was a horrible ending for that strong Miz promo. Bryan and Miz both stayed true to the content that fans marked over...except Miz is now acting like Bryan doesnt deserve a match with him even though Bryan is clearly the biggest star on Smackdown.