7/20/24 DAZN PPV: Jake Paul vs Mike Perry / Amanda Serrano vs Stevie Morgan

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
here's my thing about jake paul

if you want to sell your fights solely on embarrassing known/popular MMA fighters or pro athletes and their hand game and KO'ing them...great..ill play along on that level knowing thats what it is and enjoy it for what it is..like i did for the first bunch of his fights

but trying to prove you're a real fighter and seeing very little improvement in the overall game or his conditioning

i mean woodley almost beat him in his debut; the rematch wasnt any better otuside of the KO
he gets soundly outboxed by tommy fury although he somehow scores a KD - had he won, the WBA was going to give him a ranking for CW :hhh:
then goes the distance with silva and nate diaz

after im supposed to believe the august and bourland fights were not dives as they were "actual" boxers he got rid of :hhh:

now its bare knuckle fighters with zero defense and a near 60 year old former HW champion/ATG

ive seen this shyt play out before...i am hoping that mike can end this charade even as old as he is and this doesnt turn into holyfield-belfort the sequel

and they need to stop talking about him being CW champion...i hate that even more than anything...if a legit CW title is ever won by him, that means that division has truly failed on many levels...but of course 175 and HW are much much too dangerous for him to play this "legit boxer" game of his
If he got that CW ranking and gassed up off the tommy fury win to take on the ranked CWs it would have gone horribly because damn near most of these cruisers have crazy gas tanks. This dude looked at times slowing down in there vs perry a much smaller man who offered little offense. Imagine a legit CW? :hubie:
The fury loss was a wake up call and sealed him staying in this freakshow lane. And mike still getting in the ring after this hospitalisation is.... A fitting display of this shytshow of a sport

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I mean, I know that to real boxing heads like Patscorpio, they don’t see improvement to warrant any love for Jake, but as a casual whose been watching way more boxing and MMA the last 2-3 years, he ‘looks’ like he’s taking it seriously and he looks like he has gotten much better boxing ‘form’.

I couldn’t tell you shyt about footwork, or angles or traps, etc, but to the common eye test, he seems like he’s looking like an actual boxer to me.
i give love and respect to jake on the promoter side...he is doing due diligence on the end...but he's not cutting as a boxer on a serious level

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
That knockout in Sylve/Bahdi was crazy, son got worked. Serrano looked great as usual.

Jake beat a guy with no defense. Surely it's high time he fights another actual Boxer right?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Best thing about the fight

I watched it. Jake did alright I guess but he’s not ready for any CW with legit boxing skills.. ranked or not.

Dude was gassed, and if Perry had any type of basic boxing skills there’s a high probability that he would’ve lost that.

I wonder if these dudes actually hire boxing trainers and spar. He literally was just blocking with his face

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I know Dana doesn't have any of these guys that he's beat signed to a UFC contract, but at what point does this not embarrass the rep of the sport. Again, they're out of their prime grapplers, but these wins have gassed Paul up to challenge a two division UFC champ.

I hope Mike just bows out because I'm not trying to see him get knocked out or struggle through eight rounds. The worst part is that this Paul is running scams left and right while knocking their heads in during his free time.
Lol