7/20/24 DAZN PPV: Jake Paul vs Mike Perry / Amanda Serrano vs Stevie Morgan

Blessed Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:ehh:I give the Pauls credit, they come off as pricks on steroids, but bowy they do kiss so much ass and show respect at the end of the fight.

Reminds me of when Logan stopped Rey Mysterio from killing himself from a spot. All hugged him and telling Rey he was a influence, while Rey was like :hhh:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
That boy super duper trash but people still paying to see the clown show so :manny:

Ill forever pirate that bullshyt though

I was stunned this has gone on for so long but at this point I get it. Jake Paul is a brand and people will pay money to see their favorite brand named fighter beat up jobbers or potentially lose. He's the amateur celebrity version of a prize fighter (Canelo, Tank, Floyd, Oscar). This is America, who doesn't want to see a celebrity do just about anything? That's our culture.

In regards to prize fighting, Canelo has had like 4 garbage fights in a row fighting guys we know he'd beat and his fanbase will be there to watch the next one and the next one after that. As long as you throw the public an occasional bone with a tough opponent or the dance partner can create compelling story, the brand sells itself.

Regarless of the fact that Mike Tyson is 58, Tyson is a compelling dance partner because despite the fact that he was getting washed by real boxers 20 years ago, he still has the aura of a guy who you don't want to see in a back alley and people still he believe he can beat Jake Paul.

Just like any prize fighter, people are going to continue to watch until there's a loss so devastating that it kills the entire mystique or the fighter is a shell of himself and things are just stale.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
here's my thing about jake paul

if you want to sell your fights solely on embarrassing known/popular MMA fighters or pro athletes and their hand game and KO'ing them...great..ill play along on that level knowing thats what it is and enjoy it for what it is..like i did for the first bunch of his fights

but trying to prove you're a real fighter and seeing very little improvement in the overall game or his conditioning

i mean woodley almost beat him in his debut; the rematch wasnt any better otuside of the KO
he gets soundly outboxed by tommy fury although he somehow scores a KD - had he won, the WBA was going to give him a ranking for CW :hhh:
then goes the distance with silva and nate diaz

after im supposed to believe the august and bourland fights were not dives as they were "actual" boxers he got rid of :hhh:

now its bare knuckle fighters with zero defense and a near 60 year old former HW champion/ATG

ive seen this shyt play out before...i am hoping that mike can end this charade even as old as he is and this doesnt turn into holyfield-belfort the sequel

and they need to stop talking about him being CW champion...i hate that even more than anything...if a legit CW title is ever won by him, that means that division has truly failed on many levels...but of course 175 and HW are much much too dangerous for him to play this "legit boxer" game of his

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I mean, I know that to real boxing heads like Patscorpio, they don’t see improvement to warrant any love for Jake, but as a casual whose been watching way more boxing and MMA the last 2-3 years, he ‘looks’ like he’s taking it seriously and he looks like he has gotten much better boxing ‘form’.

I couldn’t tell you shyt about footwork, or angles or traps, etc, but to the common eye test, he seems like he’s looking like an actual boxer to me.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I know Dana doesn't have any of these guys that he's beat signed to a UFC contract, but at what point does this not embarrass the rep of the sport. Again, they're out of their prime grapplers, but these wins have gassed Paul up to challenge a two division UFC champ.

I hope Mike just bows out because I'm not trying to see him get knocked out or struggle through eight rounds. The worst part is that this Paul is running scams left and right while knocking their heads in during his free time.