[7/19] WWE Draft on Live Smackdown Thread - It's Time To Shake Things Up Again! (Live Updates in OP)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Whelp just watched the Cesaro interview.

He's done. fukk.

They're going to re-bury? Ultra bury? I'm not sure of the correct word here but they're going to fukk him bad. Which says something since they've been fukking him.

He's jobbing to the entire roster now.

This sucks
He's going to continue doing the same shyt he's been doing, Nothing

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Or maybe he just wants a chance to succeed like eddie had

How is he not getting a chance by being put on the A show with a group of guys he's going to have his best matches with? The A show, with the bigger and more diverse roster for him to work with, and he's pouting because he might have to cut an extra promo on Raw that he might not have to on SD. What a goof.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I thought the draft was straight.

Sure RAW has the edge but its always gonna be that way but that doesn't mean Smackdown aint shyt.

We got Dbry as our GM for starters. And Shane as commish. Much better than Foley/Steph. Better commentary team on SD for now too imo.

Cena, Styles, Dean, Orton, Bray, American Alpha plus other NXT callups. Like someone said the midcard scene is stacked.

RAW has alot of the established and upcoming names from this era so thats a huge plus. Plus Balor.

Smackdown is the show to watch because i sont trust any Cruiser devision on Raw, Reigns on top, and too much Stephanie. Sasha is still there so ill still have to catch the replay an hour after.

Silkk

Daps
How is he not getting a chance by being put on the A show with a group of guys he's going to have his best matches with? The A show, with the bigger and more diverse roster for him to work with, and he's pouting because he might have to cut an extra promo on Raw that he might not have to on SD. What a goof.
The same "A show" he's been on since coming to WWE?

How many world title matches has he had in the past 2 years? How many PPVs has he main evented? How many times has he opened Raw?

Don't play stupid acting like Smackdown wasn't the place where wrestlers wanted to go for opportunities even during the original draft. Without being on Smackdown, Eddie doesn't get his run, D Bryan never gets a chance to get as over as he did, Cena doesn't become Cena, Orton never gets to reinvent himself in 05, Edge never gets to run as the top heel, etc.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
The same "A show" he's been on since coming to WWE?

How many world title matches has he had in the past 2 years? How many PPVs has he main evented? How many times has he opened Raw?

Don't play stupid acting like Smackdown wasn't the place where wrestlers wanted to go for opportunities even during the original draft. Without being on Smackdown, Eddie doesn't get his run, D Bryan never gets a chance to get as over as he did, Cena doesn't become Cena, Orton never gets to reinvent himself in 05, Edge never gets to run as the top heel, etc.

This isn't the original draft. I don't know why people keep acting like SD is the wrestling show, Raw is the entertainment show just because that's how it was in 2002. It's 2016, and the Raw roster is the one stacked with indie work rate guys and will have the cruiserweights, while SD is full of the old guard and characters.

Cesaro's going to be in the same spot on either show, because he's a goof with no personality who can't connect to the crowd besides doing his same couple of big spots every match, which means his spots are no longer big, and get less and less of a reaction each time he does them. How dude hasn't realized and understood his role in the company after 7 years is beyond me.

Silkk

Daps
This isn't the original draft. I don't know why people keep acting like SD is the wrestling show, Raw is the entertainment show just because that's how it was in 2002. It's 2016, and the Raw roster is the one stacked with indie work rate guys and will have the cruiserweights, while SD is full of the old guard and characters.
Aight

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana

Let's just pretend Cesaro is this unfairly held down talent who could be a super duper star, but the McMahons and evil Kevin Dunn hate him because he's Swiss. Not that they see him as a solid hand in the mid card who can reliably fill 10-15 minutes of TV with a solid enough match, but can't cut promos and has terrible to non-existent character work for his entire career. I'm sure he'd have so much more luck on Smackdown, where it looks like he's going to need a character and promo work even more than on Raw.

It's definitely not his fault he hasn't worked on the two most important things you need to have in WWE. People seem to forget that he was hired not because he was an indie darling putting on 5 star matches, but because he was twice as big as everyone on the indies. He's been on TV for 4 years, still has no character or promo skills whatsoever. He got in the door because he was big, looked good, and was competent in the ring, with the obvious implication that he'd pick up the promo stuff along the way. Which he hasn't. Which is why it doesn't matter what show he's on: He's mid card for life. And now he cuts quasi shoot promos about how he resents having to work on his promos. In the one company in the world where being able to cut promos is more important than anywhere else.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Whelp just watched the Cesaro interview.

He's done. fukk.

They're going to re-bury? Ultra bury? I'm not sure of the correct word here but they're going to fukk him bad. Which says something since they've been fukking him.

He's jobbing to the entire roster now.

This sucks

Vince always pushes people who go into business for themselves, just no one has the balls to do it anymore.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude is the COO of the company he was never gonna be drafted or become GM it would be a step down.

He's basically running the show now, well raw anyway, look at the picks, look at the cruiserweight division, look at graces on commentary. Triple H is basically running things now,
I know.. The main point I was trying to get across is that he keeps giving himself huge wrestling contracts but never wrestles lol

Silkk

Daps
Let's just pretend Cesaro is this unfairly held down talent who could be a super duper star, but the McMahons and evil Kevin Dunn hate him because he's Swiss. Not that they see him as a solid hand in the mid card who can reliably fill 10-15 minutes of TV with a solid enough match, but can't cut promos and has terrible to non-existent character work for his entire career. I'm sure he'd have so much more luck on Smackdown, where it looks like he's going to need a character and promo work even more than on Raw.

It's definitely not his fault he hasn't worked on the two most important things you need to have in WWE. People seem to forget that he was hired not because he was an indie darling putting on 5 star matches, but because he was twice as big as everyone on the indies. He's been on TV for 4 years, still has no character or promo skills whatsoever. He got in the door because he was big, looked good, and was competent in the ring, with the obvious implication that he'd pick up the promo stuff along the way. Which he hasn't. Which is why it doesn't matter what show he's on: He's mid card for life. And now he cuts quasi shoot promos about how he resents having to work on his promos. In the one company in the world where being able to cut promos is more important than anywhere else.
Right, because not like they pick & choose who they want on top

*cough* Roman *cough*

You're totally correct he should just keep reaching for that brass ring...