7/13/24 DAZN: Jaron Boots Ennis vs David Avanesyan (IBF Welterweight Title)

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
gotta love boxing. I've taught myself not to have any expectations in this sport and have enjoyed it much more lately.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
IBF ratings - not too many palatable names for a replacement
NONameCountry
1NOT RATED
2NOT RATED
3Cody CrowleyUnited States (USA)
4Giovanni SantillanUnited States (USA)
5Errol Spence Jr.United States (USA)
6Jin SasakiJapan (JPN)
7Karen ChukhadzhianUkraine (UKR)
8Roiman VillaVenezuela (VEN)
9Harry ScarffUnited Kingdom (GBR)
10Ekow EssumanUnited Kingdom (GBR)
11Alexis RochaUnited States (USA)
12Josh TaylorScotland (SCO)
13Gabriel ValenzuelaMexico (MEX)
14David AvanesyanArmenia (ARM)
15Shakhram GiyasovUzbekistan (UZB)

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Alexis Rocha or Mean Machine are good short notice ideas.

Dragging someone up from 140 works as well on some bully A side shyt.

fukk man this is terrible for Boots bro can never catch a fukking break.

Boots vs Mean Machine. Let's do it!!

A way to gauge against Bud's former opponent :blessed:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Alexis Rocha or Mean Machine are good short notice ideas.

Dragging someone up from 140 works as well on some bully A side shyt.

fukk man this is terrible for Boots bro can never catch a fukking break.
those are arent bad choices...rocha is in the top 15

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Beautiful on eye test but competition disparity is similar to that of Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals

all his fights should be marked as “vs TBA”. - so keep thread title as is :ufdup:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Matchroom nearing replacement for 'Boots' Ennis​

Jaron-Ennis1.jpg

BY DECLAN WARRINGTON
Published Wed Jun 05, 2024, 03:15 PM EDT

Matchroom hope to announce a new opponent for Jaron “Boots” Ennis as early as Wednesday evening.

Ennis, 26, had been on course to make the first defence of his IBF welterweight title against Cody Crowley, his mandatory challenger, on the occasion of not only his first fight since agreeing promotional terms with Matchroom, but his first fight in Philadelphia for almost six years.

An eye injury on Tuesday forced Canada’s Crowley to withdraw from what represented the biggest fight of his career, but Matchroom’s Eddie Hearn is determined to proceed with the date at the Wells Fargo Center, and is expecting to soon be able to announce Crowley’s replacement for July 13.

“We’re in negotiations with three opponents already,” the promoter said. “Hopefully tonight we’ll announce the replacement.

“We’ll have to go down the IBF rankings, because that’s a mandatory defence against Crowley, so we have to go to everybody and say, ‘Do you want the fight? Are you available?’, until we get someone that accepts it. You can look at the top 15 – it’ll be someone from those rankings.

“Alexis Rocha; Giovanni Santillan; David Avanesyan; Jin Sasaki; Shakhram Giyasov; Gabriel Valenzuela. Valenzuela’s good fun; Avanesyan’s a good fight; Shakhram Giyasov’s with us but he’s mandatory for the WBA. Alexis Rocha’s a good fight.

“With all due respect to Cody, no one had actually heard of him – but he was a good fighter. But it’s gonna be the same kind of fight, if not actually tougher.

“It doesn’t [matter who the opponent is, given it’s a ‘homecoming’ fight], but you want a good fight. If you’re gonna have 15,000 in there, you want a good fight. What you don’t want is a mismatch. So, for me, that’s quite important.”

Confirmation of Terence Crawford and Errol Spence joining Vergil Ortiz Jr in the light-middleweight division means that Ennis has already come to be seen as the world’s finest at 147lbs.

Hearn regardless intends on building him as an attraction in his home city – one with an admirable history in boxing – despite, at the highest level, Philadelphia’s fight scene increasingly becoming the victim of neglect.

“Unbelievable,” he responded when asked about the interest there in Ennis’ next fight. “You’re just concerned. ‘Why has no one done it?’ I look at ‘Boots’ and I think he’s a top pound-for-pound fighter in the world, but it’s, ‘Why has no one gone to Philadelphia with Boots Ennis before? Does he not sell? Is it a bad market?’

“I did a show there with Tevin Farmer and Katie Taylor, four, five years ago. We did 6,000, and it weren’t really a big show, so I’m like, ‘Let’s just do it’. We’ve done nearly 11,000 [tickets] already. I didn’t expect that. I thought we could do 6,000, 7,000, 8,000. We’re gonna do 14,000 or 15,000 [by fight night]. The Wells Fargo’s gonna be… and that’s exactly what we want when we’re pushing Ennis as a top talent.”

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
double eye surgery...fighters that play with their vision..that ramos fight def took something out of crowley

Crowley (22-0, 9 KOs), 31, a Canadian southpaw fighting out of Las Vegas, who was due to make a career-high $586,500, the 15 percent he was entitled to under Matchroom’s winning purse bid of $3,323,500, posted details of his situation on Instagram on Tuesday.

“I met with my eye surgeon, who performed double eye surgery on me in November 2023. While I am pleased that my eyes continue to improve and heal, it still does not meet the minimum requirements set forth by the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission,” Crowley wrote. “The repaired retina in my right eye is experiencing fluid accumulation, causing distortion in my vision. As a result, the surgeon has not medically cleared me to fight on July 13.

“While I am devastated by this news, I have peace in my heart. A situation not in my control. Everything in my control, I’ve given 100% of myself to in preparation for this fight. Over the next few days and weeks, my team and I are meeting with world class eye doctors and surgeons to explore my options, so I can have a more clear path to get back to world class boxing at a championship level. I first want to thank my family and team, who have been working tirelessly around the clock in preparation for this fight (you know who you are). … I want to thank Jaron Ennis. I was looking forward to an epic battle. I respect you and wish you the best in your title defense. Lastly, I want to thank you all. The journey is not over.”