7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
I expect the shytty takes from everyone else but I figured y’all would be better :comeon:

The turnovers, lack of urgency, and lethargic defense is all reminiscent of early last season. As guys form chemistry and get into better shape it’ll improve

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I expect the shytty takes from everyone else but I figured y’all would be better :comeon:

The turnovers, lack of urgency, and lethargic defense is all reminiscent of early last season. As guys form chemistry and get into better shape it’ll improve

Well, Milwaukee plays defense like no other team in the league. Harris couldn't even cut to the paint.

Nets didn't do themselves any favors in this game with the iso and lack of ball movement. If it wasn't for Patty Mills in this game and the sparse pnr from Harden, it would be all isos.

The same problems from the playoffs are here, iso ball. Role players can't cook like that. Add in the optional locking in of defense and that is not a good start. This is a team they will be compared against and Milwaukee came out to destroy. We need to get better but Milwaukee will be better.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
This from the athletic

Harden says he loves it here has no plans to leave...

Him signing the extension after the season he can be the first 60 mill a year player :wow:

“The contract, the money is going to be there. I’m not planning on leaving this organization and the situation that we have. So my focus, honestly, is just focus on the season and then winning the championship. The contract and all that stuff will bear itself out, but my focus is going to be locked on this season.”

On a night when the Nets were hardly competitive against the defending champs, Harden’s comments were a breath of fresh air for a team that already had a season’s worth of drama in the preseason. While the game was a departure from the epic Game 7 the teams participated in months ago, Harden indicated that the Nets’ title chances weren’t limited to this season or with a looming free-agency decision to ponder.

“Last year was a whirlwind for me individually, as far as my health and playing,” Harden said. “So this year, I feel like I need to come back and show I am one of those guys. So I’ve got a lot to prove myself, and that’s all I’m worried about and focused upon.”

Harden is right. The money will certainly be there. He had a three-year, $161 million extension on the table with Brooklyn this year. But by not signing it, he’s eligible for a four-year, $227 million deal next summer, should he opt into his $47.5 million player option. According to former Nets assistant general manager Bobby Marks, who now works for ESPN, the deal would make Harden the league’s first $60-million player.

60 fukking million a year :damn:

Last edited:
Daps
This from the athletic

Harden says he loves it here has no plans to leave...

Him signing the extension after the season he can be the first 60 mill a year player :wow:

60 fukking million a year :damn:

:stopitslime: His ass needs to return to Houston form. He’s been looking flabby.

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
They just didn't come to play in the 1st quarter, tried to play catch up but never could. Nash trying a ton of lineups with all the new faces so there was little chemistry. But that's what the regular season is for. KD is still KD, Harden started slow but was active on D and then the shot started falling.

Clax still looking gassed after 5 minutes of gametime is concerning, he's gotta be better. Patty will be huge for us, Milsap and LMA will find their roles but that's just a bad matchup for them. Nash and Bruce continue their weird relationship where he forgets him and then he's our most important player for the next month.

Let's see how they handle Embiid, if they try Clax first or LMA.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Well, Milwaukee plays defense like no other team in the league. Harris couldn't even cut to the paint.

Nets didn't do themselves any favors in this game with the iso and lack of ball movement. If it wasn't for Patty Mills in this game and the sparse pnr from Harden, it would be all isos.

The same problems from the playoffs are here, iso ball. Role players can't cook like that. Add in the optional locking in of defense and that is not a good start. This is a team they will be compared against and Milwaukee came out to destroy. We need to get better but Milwaukee will be better.

I understand that but I just didn’t take anything away from the game besides the obvious. Milwaukee is faster, more athletic, and better defensively.

KD had 32 on an off night. Harden was trying to develop a rhythm with Claxton and LMA instead of getting his own. Nash treated it like a preseason experiment with the front court rotation.

Add all that with Milwaukee having a lil extra juice due to ring night and these guys not caring to match the energy and that explains the result.

If they look this bad during the next matchup then I’ll be concerned but this was treated as a glorified tune up game :yeshrug:

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Don’t really care if they win or not but I definitely expect better effort and execution. Interested to see how the front court shows up

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Don’t really care if they win or not but I definitely expect better effort and execution. Interested to see how the front court shows up

So far…neither one has improved. Harden and KD complaining about calls instead of getting back on defense :hhh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
gonna be a long season

I wonder if losing the series in the fashion we did (knowing we would’ve probably swept them at full strength) has the team bored early in the season/antsy about getting back to the playoffs