7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few days ago someone had a report that Kyrie was in great shape and could be playing 30 mins per game in no time. Now there’s this report…Seems like his camp is putting stuff out there

But Scoop B and others have been saying he’ll play all season long so :yeshrug:

Im still against him playing road games so hopefully he’s prepping to be vaxed
Basically, I’m reading these reports as him trying to finagle his way into getting the vax without looking like an a$$hole for wasting everybody’s time. Kinda late for that but whatever, long as he does it

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Unless he gets the vaccine, Kyrie ain't playing this season for the Nets

Because Eric Adams is not gonna come into office in a few weeks and remove that mandate as one of his first major moves.

Not when the public is still squeamish about this Omicron shyt and his mayoral success is dependent on the vote of the nutty ass transplant Whites that have infected this city over the course of the past few years

He will be a continuation of DeBlasio, which means as far as the Covid-19 policy, it will be business as usual for the next year or two.

Kyrie is done as a Net brehs...what we should be focused on is what we can get for him by the trade deadline in a few months, because that will ultimately determine if this team will be able to win a championship in June.

Daps
Unless he gets the vaccine, Kyrie ain't playing this season for the Nets

Because Eric Adams is not gonna come into office in a few weeks and remove that mandate as one of his first major moves.

Not when the public is still squeamish about this Omicron shyt and his mayoral success is dependent on the vote of the nutty ass transplant Whites that have infected this city over the course of the past few years

He will be a continuation of DeBlasio, which means as far as the Covid-19 policy, it will be business as usual for the next year or two.

Kyrie is done as a Net brehs...what we should be focused on is what we can get for him by the trade deadline in a few months, because that will ultimately determine if this team will be able to win a championship in June.

You keep focusing on that breh :mjlol:

The article never said specifically that Kyrie “won’t” get the vaccine, i don’t understand the pessimism. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Next can’t trade Kyrie and probably never entertained it to begin with.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You keep focusing on that breh :mjlol:

The article never said specifically that Kyrie “won’t” get the vaccine, i don’t understand the pessimism. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Next can’t trade Kyrie and probably never entertained it to begin with.
I'm just looking at it from an organizational perspective:

1. If he hasn't got the vaccine yet, he probably isn't getting it, which means we're out here paying a man to NOT play basketball in the 2nd season of what was expected to be a championship bearing team

2. If he did get it, and is choosing to not play because of some dumbass fake deep Kyrie shyt, we're out here paying a man to NOT play basketball in the 2nd season of what was expected to be a championship bearing team

3. This team as it stands will easily make it out of the 1st Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs but after that, there's gonna be some head bussas and if we get past them, there be demons out West

We need more...we're missing pieces...if this dude can't play or is unwilling to play, we need to do what is best for the team, Kyrie be damned

Daps
I'm just looking at it from an organizational perspective:

1. If he hasn't got the vaccine yet, he probably isn't getting it, which means we're out here paying a man to NOT play basketball in the 2nd season of what was expected to be a championship bearing team

2. If he did get it, and is choosing to not play because of some dumbass fake deep Kyrie shyt, we're out here paying a man to NOT play basketball in the 2nd season of what was expected to be a championship bearing team

3. This team as it stands will easily make it out of the 1st Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs but after that, there's gonna be some head bussas and if we get past them, there be demons out West

We need more...we're missing pieces...if this dude can't play or is unwilling to play, we need to do what is best for the team, Kyrie be damned

From an organizational standpoint trading him for this reason would be bad optics. There’s whole teams filled with vaccinated players still catching covid.

1. this notion that Kyrie needs the vaccine by a certain point is wrong. He can get vaccinated tomorrow and ready to play. Don’t forget it was the Nets who chose to sit him for away games. I think had they let him play, he eventually just gets vaccinated to play full time.

2. this one makes no sense. Why would he get it and not play?

3. I don’t think Kyrie is gonna sit out the whole year, and never was, but if you trade him you better make sure you’re getting a star player in return cause if we flame out again, and harden leaves, we’ve essentially wasted KDs prime.

At the end of the day, KD and Kyrie still best friends or whatever, I don’t even think trading him was ever a thing without KDs approval.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
From an organizational standpoint trading him for this reason would be bad optics. There’s whole teams filled with vaccinated players still catching covid.

1. this notion that Kyrie needs the vaccine by a certain point is wrong. He can get vaccinated tomorrow and ready to play. Don’t forget it was the Nets who chose to sit him for away games. I think had they let him play, he eventually just gets vaccinated to play full time.

2. this one makes no sense. Why would he get it and not play?

3. I don’t think Kyrie is gonna sit out the whole year, and never was, but if you trade him you better make sure you’re getting a star player in return cause if we flame out again, and harden leaves, we’ve essentially wasted KDs prime.

At the end of the day, KD and Kyrie still best friends or whatever, I don’t even think trading him was ever a thing without KDs approval.
If he's vaxxed where is he at? He's making his teammates job harder by sitting out for what reason exactly??

And if he's not vaxxed then there's no way he's gonna be able to play unless the Nets go back on their word which would also be bad optics

And if he goes and gets vaxxed like tomorrow then that's some selfish shyt because again, you're out here being a detriment to the team by not playing 1/3 of the season now for what reason???

Daps
If he's vaxxed where is he at? He's making his teammates job harder by sitting out for what reason exactly??

And if he's not vaxxed then there's no way he's gonna be able to play unless the Nets go back on their word which would also be bad optics

And if he goes and gets vaxxed like tomorrow then that's some selfish shyt because again, you're out here being a detriment to the team by not playing 1/3 of the season now for what reason???

I never said he was vaxxed. He obviously isn’t and idk when he will be but he will play this year.

It’s crazy he’s being branded as selfish for not rushing to make a personal health decision all the while loosing millions of dollars. Kyrie hasn’t played a full season in years, if we get him back at the midway point fresh, and better than ever for a playoff run, give me that option. :yeshrug:

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Eh…feels like a game we should rest KD and just hope for the best. Nurse is gonna have Toronto playing all sorts of junk defenses so it’s not even worth it