7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also a couple things I noticed when rewatching:
Nets need to bring out the 7/11 PnR to get Kyrie matched up on Tatum some more, he can’t stay in front of him.

they need to target Theis in drop coverage as often as they can, especially in those lineups with him and grant Williams out there

they pretty much lost in transition buckets and offensive rebounds, defense in the half court was solid enough. I really think they can win 4 straight if Ben can give them ANYTHING

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Also a couple things I noticed when rewatching:
Nets need to bring out the 7/11 PnR to get Kyrie matched up on Tatum some more, he can’t stay in front of him.

they need to target Theis in drop coverage as often as they can, especially in those lineups with him and grant Williams out there

they pretty much lost in transition buckets and offensive rebounds, defense in the half court was solid enough. I really think they can win 4 straight if Ben can give them ANYTHING

The transition defense was so atrocious…guys were getting beat after made baskets on some NCAA shyt.

That’s a really good video detailing what went right/wrong. Clax needs to only switch on the perimeter in emergency situations because his presence in the paint is critical. Everyone else needs to actually give a damn and show some effort on screens and on the glass. Very winnable series

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps

The arrogance of the team starts with the coaches. They basically say “to hell with creativity and schemes, we have 7-11 and that’s enough.”

Part of it may be KD, who notably thought GS was doing too much on offense, but we don’t have the overwhelming talent gap that those Warriors or last years team had. So we need to be less predictable and actually run shyt.

We’ll see what adjustments are made :francis:

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Y’all forgive me I’m in my bag and got some free time at work.

But I don’t recall a single time Bruce was used as a screener in the last game. He’s been flourishing in the short roll the 2nd half of the season and we had him spotting up and being totally ignored by his defender.

Can’t believe how ill prepared the team was and still nearly pulled out a win

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all forgive me I’m in my bag and got some free time at work.

But I don’t recall a single time Bruce was used as a screener in the last game. He’s been flourishing in the short roll the 2nd half of the season and we had him spotting up and being totally ignored by his defender.

Can’t believe how ill prepared the team was and still nearly pulled out a win
Boston used horford to trap Durant off of a Bruce screen in the first Q which led to a TO. Don’t believe BKN went back to it after that. They’re gonna have to switch it up and use him more off the ball.

I think Drummond will have a quick hook though if he’s not effective early on. Look at what Memphis did with Adams

Last edited:

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Boston used horford to trap Durant off of a Bruce screen in the first Q which led to a TO. Don’t believe BKN went back to it after that. They’re gonna have to switch it up and use him more off the ball.

See, I’d actually take that matchup. Bruce with a 4 v 3 advantage going downhill with Horford away from the rim should be a win for us. It’s gonna be up to KD to cut down on TOs and make the play

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Early adjustment is KD on Horford and already increased movement on offense. Including a more energetic Bruce. KD still a bit loose with the ball