7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is becoming a cautionary tale of catering to your superstars. Nash was a mistake this team has no identity at all. Look at what Udoka has done in Boston.
Personnel matters more I think.
This is where I kind of push back on the Nash criticism. Udoka ran the defense for the nets last year and they still weren’t good.

Theyre a bad defense because they’re a team full of bad defenders. They’ve got 3 good defenders on the roster, one of whom has the flu, and another has to carry the offense too at 33 years old. And there’s a 4th who hasn’t played a game for them yet.

everybody on the roster for the most part is either a small guard 6’2 and under or a slowfooted big. The team was built to score and for the most part they’ve done that. Kai shot 12-32 and has been ass since the mandate lifted, there’s most of the story

Celtics have a team full of good defenders who added even more

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Kyrie wanted Tyronn Lue. Sean Marks hired Nash. The dig that they don't need a coach was rooted in disrespect because he doesn't know what it takes to coach at this level.

Report: Kyrie Irving Wants Tyronn Lue as Nets Coach

Its a top heavy team and has always been a top heavy team. When you're relying on James Johnson and Cam Thomas, your superstars are going to have to do the lifting.

Tunnel Vision Thomas's game in a nutshell:

For some reason, Nets fanbase loves him. The kid can't play on either end of the floor. This is beyond a rookie mistake.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The Nets season is over. They can’t overcome Nash’s bad coaching.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Nets season is over. They can’t overcome Nash’s bad coaching.

That was the problem last year. If they win, it's in spite of him. This off-season is a referendum on Marks. Do you want to win or do you want to maintain a relationship with your friend?

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
LaMarcus not playing tells me his injury may be worse than they're putting on because even with Drummond on the team, he was in the lineup. Putting him as a stretch 5 with Claxton as the 4 like they did in Toronto would seem to be the logical option to have size and scoring on the floor, but again, Nash doesn't have an inkling as to what he's doing.

You can run a big lineup out there with Claxton/Drummond or Claxton/Aldridge at the 4 and 5.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If Nash isn’t fired after this team loses in round 1. Marks is an idiot.

You're more optimistic than I am. I don't think they make it out of the play in. They have four games left and can win all of those with no issue, but i haven't seen enough as of late that tells me they can even get out of the win or go home game.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s funny I’ve been calling out this team’s defense all year despite their high defensive rating at one point, and got pushback. They had spurts and strings of good closeout defense, good switching, blocking shots, etc, but I knew it was kind of a façade. Losing Bembry to the Bucks of all teams was a huge huge blow and these guys are burnt out.

Andre Drummond is my age and been in the league for a long time, but I think the game passed him by. It’s nice to not get pounded on the boards every game for a change though.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It’s funny I’ve been calling out this team’s defense all year despite their high defensive rating at one point, and got pushback. They had spurts and strings of good closeout defense, good switching, blocking shots, etc, but I knew it was kind of a façade. Losing Bembry to the Bucks of all teams was a huge huge blow and these guys are burnt out.

Andre Drummond is my age and been in the league for a long time, but I think the game passed him by. It’s nice to not get pounded on the boards every game for a change though.
Cutting Bembry but keeping Carter was a wild decision.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A mismanaged season for BK and injuries did them in.

The Kyrie situation really threw a wrench into everything. Then they renigged on their initial stance anyway.

The Simmons/Harden trade... Do you still do this knowing Ben ain't playing the rest of the year?

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
A mismanaged season for BK and injuries did them in.

The Kyrie situation really threw a wrench into everything. Then they renigged on their initial stance anyway.

The Simmons/Harden trade... Do you still do this knowing Ben ain't playing the rest of the year?

Yes cause just getting rid of slow, plodding mentally checked out Harden was addition by subtraction.