7-11 Permanently closed!!! 2022 Brooklyn Nets Off Season Thread

Daps
I said both teams lost the trade, quote me correctly

and I didn't like the Harden trade to Brooklyn to begin with.
I don’t know how you think that makes it any better, in fact, it makes your stance even worse. You’re acknowledging that you didn’t like the initial Harden trade, but yet the Nets lost the trade shipping him out when they got a package that was about as good as they were going to get given the circumstances, and that’s even before we take into account the basketball mien of the team with him out of the picture.

If your argument is it makes a team in the conference stronger - it’s essentially redundant, because he was eating this squad from the inside-out where they would’ve defeated themselves before their competition even had the chance to.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I don’t know how you think that makes it any better, in fact, it makes your stance even worse. You’re acknowledging that you didn’t like the initial Harden trade, but yet the Nets lost the trade shipping him out when they got a package that was about as good as they were going to get given the circumstances, and that’s even before we take into account the basketball mien of the team with him out of the picture.

If your argument is it makes a team in the conference stronger - it’s essentially redundant, because he was eating this squad from the inside-out where they would’ve defeated themselves before their competition even had the chance to.

My argument isn't in favor of whatever happens in Philly. My argument is that if Ben doesn't get his shyt together, everything that happened to him in Philadelphia will just happen to him in Brooklyn and then they'll be stuck since even the teams who wanted him before won't want him then. That said, regardless of how either Ben or Harden woulda did, without Kyrie, Brooklyn ain't winning shyt.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
My argument isn't in favor of whatever happens in Philly. My argument is that if Ben doesn't get his shyt together, everything that happened to him in Philadelphia will just happen to him in Brooklyn and then they'll be stuck since even the teams who wanted him before won't want him then. That said, regardless of how either Ben or Harden woulda did, without Kyrie, Brooklyn ain't winning shyt.
Dawg…

Even with Kyrie they still ain’t winning a title :mjlol:

If NYC changes the law or he gets vaccinated he’ll watch TV and get upset about some shyt cause he’s a hoe ass nikka or he’ll get hurt again..

Rinse wash repeat

KD is injury prone too..

They’re not winning a title :mjlol:

Daps
Ben isn't going to miraculously become whatever it is folks hope/expect him to be. He'll be the same player he was before -- but that's good enough.

His time in Philly had long past expired with the accumulation of everything on the court and off it. He had needed a new environment for a long time now. It's foolish of you and anyone else to think him doing everything he could to distance himself from the 76ers franchise will automatically carry over to BK, which you're doing already by claiming they lost the trade. He's literally on the bench now actively cheering for his team, which is at the other end of spectrum to what he was doing earlier in the season whilst he was still in Philly. He'll likely forever be a flawed player, but that flawed player was in the running for DPOY just last season and is the best playmaking big (beside Jokic) in the league. If the Nets get that player, well, they're riding off into the sunset with this trade.

It's 100000000000000x better than the alternative that was sticking with Harden, with him poisoning the team even more and then leaving in the summer.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Ben isn't going to miraculously become whatever it is folks hope/expect him to be. He'll be the same player he was before -- but that's good enough.

His time in Philly had long past expired with the accumulation of everything on the court and off it. He had needed a new environment for a long time now. It's foolish of you and anyone else to think him doing everything he could to distance himself from the 76ers franchise will automatically carry over to BK, which you're doing already by claiming they lost the trade. He's literally on the bench now actively cheering for his team, which is at the other end of spectrum to what he was doing earlier in the season whilst he was still in Philly. He'll likely forever be a flawed player, but that flawed player was in the running for DPOY just last season and is the best playmaking big (beside Jokic) in the league. If the Nets get that player, well, they're riding off into the sunset with this trade.

It's 100000000000000x better than the alternative that was sticking with Harden, with him poisoning the team even more and then leaving in the summer.
I know what he's good at. I'm a Ben Simmons fan. I also know Ben can't be a wallflower offensively when the only trustworthy scorer they'll have at home is KD. He's a flawed player, but Ben coulda helped Philly win a title too. They gave up on him cuz he freezes up. Just cuz he's in a new environment doesn't mean he'll be excused for freezing up. Those are demons he has to exorcise. Do I trust him to do that before I trust Harden to come through in a playoff game? Perhaps, but that's only because I'm a bigger fan of Ben.

Daps
I know what he's good at. I'm a Ben Simmons fan. I also know Ben can't be a wallflower offensively when the only trustworthy scorer they'll have at home is KD. He's a flawed player, but Ben coulda helped Philly win a title too. They gave up on him cuz he freezes up. Just cuz he's in a new environment doesn't mean he'll be excused for freezing up. Those are demons he has to exorcise. Do I trust him to do that before I trust Harden to come through in a playoff game? Perhaps, but that's only because I'm a bigger fan of Ben.
KD
Seth
Cam
LMA
Patty
Drummond (if only for lob opportunities).

There are enough players there for Ben to feed where his scoring inhibitions don't become an overwhelming issue that negate all else he's doing on the floor. Again, I don't see the sense in why you'd rule this as a lost trade when what was the realistic alternative that would have them winning?