[6/7/23] AEW Dynamite: TK has an announcement!; Swerve ends the OC era; MJF, Switchblade, Starks, BCC, CHAOS, JungleHook, LFI scheduled

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Main event was cool. Starks was protected and Jay got a needed big win

Gunn club part of bullet club works honestly

Starks gotta get a run with the tnt belt at least, he’s improved drastically

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
mjf has a villain backstory for every opponent he faces :dead:
It's ridiculously contrived. He's Batman with Prep Time. His promos suck. He's needs to understand less is more. If he's not telling a made up CW network drama story he's got a convenient history lesson for everyone with a mic that interrupts him.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Man I have to wonder if Switchblade would have went to WWE if the Vince news didn't drop when it did. I mean it was clearly circling before it dropped before it dropped, but his signing stinks of oh Vince is coming back NOPE. Cause I feel he's being wasted in AEW and could have easily be in the mix for running with Rollins on RAW.

And of course the BCG is going to be Switchblade, Juice, and the Gunns just hope we get Joe too.
Wasn’t it reported that Jay/E talks ended before the Vince news?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
:pachaha:Mjf calling Adam Cole frail killed me. Mjf sounded like a coli poster

Not a big fan of Cole, but he is good on the mic so hopefully we get good promos
I liked the promo battle. Not loved it but liked it. It was definitely too long winded. But this is not the correct time to run with MJF vs. Adam Cole though after having a mid-program with the pillars. It just feels forced, like this was the plan for months and TK is sticking with it even if it shouldn't be happening.

I hope this is just a short program, which I suspect it will be since they are having a stupid fukking eliminator match next week. There's no way this should last past Forbidden Door. Can't dedicate a majority of the summer to Cole vs. MJF.

This will be good for Cole though because MJF matches seemingly have a floor of being good with a ceiling of instant classic. He needs to have his image rehabbed a bit after that horrendous PPV match with Jericho.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Either i been sleeping this whole time

Or

Kris Statlander gained some cheekage in her absence

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I liked the promo battle. Not loved it but liked it. It was definitely too long winded. But this is not the correct time to run with MJF vs. Adam Cole though after having a mid-program with the pillars. It just feels forced, like this was the plan for months and TK is sticking with it even if it shouldn't be happening.

I hope this is just a short program, which I suspect it will be since they are having a stupid fukking eliminator match next week. There's no way this should last past Forbidden Door. Can't dedicate a majority of the summer to Cole vs. MJF.

This will be good for Cole though because MJF matches seemingly have a floor of being good with a ceiling of instant classic. He needs to have his image rehabbed a bit after that horrendous PPV match with Jericho.

Yeah the feud should end at forbidden door in my opinion

And agreed, mjf sometimes rambles too much and the segments go on for too long

I’m not even sure who is left for a major program with MJF though besides hangman and switchblade (who shouldn’t be losing just yet) and the obvious cm punk feud

taker597

Superstar
Daps

I’m not even sure who is left for a major program with MJF though besides hangman and switchblade (who shouldn’t be losing just yet) and the obvious cm punk feud
MJF relies to much on going meta far too much and not challenging himself to tell a different story.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

They need a babyface so Jay White not it. CM Punk would be ideal at the moment if he can manage to get over as a face outside of Chicago, which might take a while. What he did with the gripebomb and brawl out was disastrous for his image and goodwill.