[6/7/23] AEW Dynamite: TK has an announcement!; Swerve ends the OC era; MJF, Switchblade, Starks, BCC, CHAOS, JungleHook, LFI scheduled

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Right, and that takes away my excitement for that match. I don't care about guys doing moves for 15 minutes when the outcome is obvious. There's no sense of Swerve doing the unexpected and beating OC for the belt, unfortunately.
I don't get this logic. Most title matches in any company have very obvious outcomes (either for retaining the belt or having a new champ).

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I don't get this logic. Most title matches in any company have very obvious outcomes (either for retaining the belt or having a new champ).
Not always Cody and Roman was an example of that. There's no suspension of disbelief in OC matches we know he'll go over cause Tony loves him.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You know what would be Money? Give us another Swerve Starks feud but this time with Swerve holding the IC. I'd also like to see Swerve and Darby do it again, But Darbs has to get his win back over MJF.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Not always Cody and Roman was an example of that. There's no suspension of disbelief in OC matches we know he'll go over cause Tony loves him.
Cody vs Roman is the exception to the rule. Of Roman's 27 title defenses in his current run, he's had at most 3 or 4 that weren't obvious results. No one should complain about that because the allure of his title reign isn't about if he's gonna lose the title every time he puts it on the line. There's no champ in wrestling were the interest in the matches rely on him/her potentially losing the belt every time its on the line.

And to be honest, Swerve is the first real option of actually defeating OC, so if the complain is about the match being a forgone conclusion, that's wrong because there's a number of people that think Swerve might actually win.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
And to be honest, Swerve is the first real option of actually defeating OC, so if the complain is about the match being a forgone conclusion, that's wrong because there's a number of people that think Swerve might actually win.
What in the way Tony makes over OC and books in general makes you believe Swerve has a chance of winning? He doesn't change plans when his mind is made up and anyone who's been watching AEW knows that. He'll go through whatever plan he has for OC which is probably having him go after MJF once he (MJF) beats Cole. Now I would love to see Swerve win, he's got "it" but I don't trust Tony's booking anymore. So I'll have to disagree with you.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What in the way Tony makes over OC and books in general makes you believe Swerve has a chance of winning? He doesn't change plans when his mind is made up and anyone who's been watching AEW knows that. He'll go through whatever plan he has for OC which is probably having him go after MJF once he (MJF) beats Cole. Now I would love to see Swerve win, he's got "it" but I don't trust Tony's booking anymore. So I'll have to disagree with you.
I'm fine if you think OC is 100% winning. My main point isn't about that. It's about thinking the allure of a title match relies on not knowing who wins. That's bullshyt to me because as fans, we know the result of a title match waaay more often than not and we only complain about it when we don't like that obvious result, and not because it was a forgone conclusion but because we wanted the other outcome to happen.

Regarding the IC belt. After the Battle Royale at DoN, I think any AEW wrestler that's in the uppermicard has a chance of beating OC. They've been running with the story of Orange getting beat up and tired/injured with these weekly title defenses and beating 20 people at the BR is the culmination of that. At this point, he's protected to any L he takes, specially against a heel like Swerve. Do I think it's "obvious" OC is losing? No, he could very well retain. But I can totally see Swerve continuing his recent push by cheating and beating OC tonight :manny:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
You know what would be Money? Give us another Swerve Starks feud but this time with Swerve holding the IC. I'd also like to see Swerve and Darby do it again, But Darbs has to get his win back over MJF.

If he wins tonight (Snowman better not fukk this up), guessing Swerve's first feud as champ would be against Keith Lee given they've been stalling this Lee/Rhodes team and their feud with Swerve's stable.