[6/24/23] AEW Collision: Punk, FTR, Starks, Bullet Club, Gunns, Swerve, Tanahashi, Brody King, Andrade, Willow, Hobbs in Action; Miro, Christian Speak

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This is booked by someone else or someone is helping. If they could book dynamite like this AEW would have the game on lock.
Give it time and lets see how things go. Rampage was also fire in the beginning

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Wouldn’t be shocked. Didn’t AEW hire Jimmy jacobs recently or did I make that up in my head?
I wanna say it’s in your head.
Give it time and let’s see how things go. Rampage was also fire in the beginning
Yeah, and having NJPW there makes it easier to book shyt. They can make this Saturday show like SD 02-04 just guys who gonna put on good matches. If this show is gonna have none of the elite guys then that says a lot about them. Cause if it’s good without them…spooky

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I wanna say it’s in your head.

Yeah, and having NJPW there makes it easier to book shyt. They can make this Saturday show like SD 02-04 just guys who gonna put on good matches. If this show is gonna have none of the elite guys then that says a lot about them. Cause if it’s good without them…spooky
The hired Jacobs after firing Whitmer

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
So, I'm not alone in thinking that the tone and pacing help this show IMMENSELY right?

They're not shotgunning through segments, sprinting through matches at Mach 5 speeds, or breezing by the little things that could be used as building blocks later on. It feels systematic and purposeful. Maybe it lasts, maybe it doesn't. But right now it doesn't feel like a chore to get through and actually keeps you engaged throughout.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I didn’t think Thickengale could get up Nyla for the powerbomb. :ooh:

Can’t wait for the battle of the thickness match with Athena. :noah:

I’m glad now having a NJPW belt and being in a feud with Mercedes forces them to book Willow at a higher level, and she’s rising up to the challenge