538: Trump’s Approval Rating Is Incredibly Steady. Is That Weird Or The New Normal?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Voting for someone =/= their base. Protest votes, votes for a status quo upheavel, and general dissatisfaction with Hillary contributed more to his election that most news outlets care to aknowledge.

With these differences, the estimated raw vote total worked out to about 6.7 million Obama-Trump voters and 2.7 million Romney-Clinton voters.
Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » Just How Many Obama 2012-Trump 2016 Voters Were There?

What you and others need to understand is that the Republican base and the Democratic base are numbered around 50mil per party. It's not 2% of the party, it's not 10% of the party. 60-80% of voters from both parties repeatedly vote for their party. How is that not the very definition of a political base?

He lost the popular vote by millions and has continued to alienate as many groups of people as he can. I dont believe its realistic to think hes retained every person that voted for him.
Again, this is how I know you're looking at this situation wrong. He does not need to gain a single vote over 63million. I don't know how much this needs to be explained.

So long as the Dems dont put up another establishment whore, they stand a much better chance than people want to admit
Who is running for president doesn't matter. If I were to ask you what the Democratic party has done in WI, PA, NC, and MI to bring back black voters, your response would be......? If the answer is nothing, Trump gets re-elected. If the answer is not enough, Trump gets re-elected.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
10s of millions realized that Trump was the "victim" in terms of false media attacks about Russiagate for 2 years.....and that he was 100% accurate in calling them fake news.

A lot of folks that were either on the fence or despised him outright suddenly had to come to grips with the fact they had been played like a basketball in the NCAA Final Four....so 51% is definitely because of folks having empathy for Trump and/or new found dislike for Mainstream Media.
:facepalm:
Idiot

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
So this thread is about Don Cheeto's approval rating at slightly over 50%.

Are you implying this whole Russiagate Fairy Tale collapsing hasn't contributed to him being at 51%....according to that poll??

:patrice:
where did you get that from? this thread is about how "his average approval has hovered between 36 percent and 45 percent, a fluctuation of 9 points, over practically the entire course of his presidency". says so in the first post.