DECIDES TO START LIFTING
IN HIS LATE 40S AND NOW
HE HITTING 500.

IT WOULD BE ONE THING
IF HE DID THIS IN HIS PRIME
AND JUST MAINTAINED IT OVER THE YEARS.
:devil:
:evil:

Hasn’t he been training for awhile now? I don’t think he’s on anything.

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone forward this to that cac Derek so we can get to the bottom of this :martin:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:russ:
So does a tall person with long-ass arms. :yeshrug:

One of the GOAT pullers was Lamar Gant. Breh was only like 5'2".
Lamar Gant | Powerlifting, Gant, Olds

But unless you also have super-long arms, being short doesn't really help you, as short brehs usually have short legs AND arms...which is why they're short. :ufdup:

--Signed,

One of the few nikkas ITT that actually lifts (and just so happens to pull way more than 5 hunduns). :unimpressed:

"A deadlift can be more difficult the taller you are due to having to bend more at your hips. You also have to lift the weight a higher distance against gravity than shorter people. As a taller person, you are more prone to injuries during deadlifts because of the extended range of motion."

Daps
Used too much back
Yeah he rounded it out instead of driving through his heels/back of legs. You essentially wanna almost pull it back.

98% of dudes couldn't lift that weight even WITH good form. MM could legit hit 600+, maybe even 700 lbs if he works on his legs and form. Seems like a candidate for the 400/500/600 club...Definitely think he can probably hit 4 bills on bench but legs suggest squats are his weakest exercise.

Tall brehs....most Black men in general gotta use a sumo stance because our femurs are noticeably longer than our tibia bone. Asians have short femurs so they can do those narrow stance squats without tipping over. Ankle flex matters but a 6'3" breh needs the wider stance.

Daps
Why would you think Meth had low T?
He's 51. Men, no matter how high their T is....peak at 19 and then have a steady decline of testosterone. He might have decent levels naturally for his age but it's low compared to 19-year old Meth.

And....if he can put on muscle this easily NOW that means it would have been MUCH easier for him to put on muscle in the 1990s...but he was skinny back then. He would have been swole just doing pull ups and shyt. Getting stronger in middle age is possible but gaining pure lean mass with no fat doesn't happen. The naturally strong brehs at the gym over age 30, always more beefy/chunky. It's kind of like a scaled down version of The Rock. Rock was strong but beefy...not quite chubby when he first joined WWF. He looked natural. Now, he basically lost all his baby fat but retained the muscle mass.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Longer arms make a deadlift travel less distance, not more though. :comeon:

Longer limbs is only a hindrance on bench, and a wash on squats depending on torso length.

This.

I'm 6'1" with long arms and I was repping 445lb on DL in my regular workouts at 18 after having only lifted for two years. Wasn't taking anything other than creatine and I had a ton of room to improve. If I hadn't torn my ACL playing football I have little doubt I would been maxing something close to 600lbs by the time I graduated. Having long arms sucked for bench but it wasn't a hindrance on my leg lifts at all.

500 lbs on dead lift really isn't all that impressive for anyone who lifts legs regularly with good technique. It's strong but it's not elite or evidence of juicing.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not bad. I do that with just chalk though. Work on grip strength.