50 Cent released The Massacre 15 years ago today

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
GRODT was so much better than the Massacre.

You could listen to GRODT without skipping a song, in the massacre some of these songs were unlistenable. That gatman and robbin joint was trash, let's take the batman and robin gimmick from without me and make a whole track. And piggy bank/candy shop are some of the corniest 50 songs ever.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
you Think replacing Candy Shop & Just a Lil Bit with How We Do & Hate it or Love it wouldn’t bring up the overall quality of the album :dwillhuh:

Yes but not by much... You still gotta get rid of Disco Inferno, Build You Up, Guns Come Out, This is 50, Gatman & Robbin, So Amazing, God Gave Me Style, etc...

It was too much skippable records on the album..

And as much hate as Candy Shop gets, it's his 2nd most popular song numbers wise after In Da Club... I remember it being number one for mad weeks. 50 cares more about selling records than making classics.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
GRODT was so much better than the Massacre.

You could listen to GRODT without skipping a song, in the massacre some of these songs were unlistenable. That gatman and robbin joint was trash, let's take the batman and robin gimmick from without me and make a whole track. And piggy bank/candy shop are some of the corniest 50 songs ever.

He went mainstream too quick, he gave his all for GRODT and could’ve extended his own career if he kept the momentum of his debut. I feel like he hasn’t gave his story to people as much, it was all about hit records.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
He went mainstream too quick, he gave his all for GRODT and could’ve extended his own career if he kept the momentum of his debut. I feel like he hasn’t gave his story to people as much, it was all about hit records.

You also gotta remember he kept feeding the streets with mixtapes. A lot of those songs could've been album cuts. The 2050 mixtape had songs on there that didn't make the album which could've.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
You also gotta remember he kept feeding the streets with mixtapes. A lot of those songs could've been album cuts. The 2050 mixtape had songs on there that didn't make the album which could've.

That’s why I prefer mixtapes over majority of his albums. You could tell most of those songs had to be album cuts that probably couldn’t get passed thru the labels.

Daps
Production was mad heavy in this album. I remember picking up the booklet and seeing the pictures and it had one of 50 standing inside of a drop top Porsche holding a Mossberg pump. I looked at that shyt and was like "Damm, this nikka a superhero".

Had a lot of filler, but I still was satisfied with the album. Build you up, so amazing, and Gatman and Robbin to me were garbage, but joints like get in my car, I don't need 'em, I'm supposed to die tonight, and a Baltimore love thing, IMO, were high points in the album.

I still bump a few joints off it till this day

Edit: here is the picture

Booklet-6.jpg