4K Blu-ray discs arriving in 2015 to fight streaming media

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean.. does it really need to get clearer than 1080P? i'm assuming the jump to 4k is a tiny difference compared to the jump from standard definition to 720P

if you've seen true 4k you wouldn't say this. go to ur local best buy and see if they have the new sony 4k tv's there which usually have some clips from new movies in 4k. shyt will blow you away.

I literally went back and looked at my TV in disgust after seeing true 4k in action. Its a huge leap forward. IMO its like going from 480p to 1080p. You won't ever wanna watch anything else blow 4k after seeing it in action.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a point of diminishing returns and we might be at or past that point.

some of u guys are really lazy when it comes to knowledge. we are no where near diminishing returns. anyone who has seen native 4k footage on a 65+" screen knows this. i'm just waiting for 4k content to be available at large. once that happens, there no way i look at anything 1080p or below ever again. just like i don't watch anything sub-720p now.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
When DirecTV and networks offers a 4K Genie and the majority of what I watch in 4K channels, then I'll think of adopting

At the rate it's going, doesn't look like anytime soon :sas1:
TV will be niche by the time that happens

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean.. does it really need to get clearer than 1080P? i'm assuming the jump to 4k is a tiny difference compared to the jump from standard definition to 720P
you must not have ever seen something in 4k on a 4k TV. OH MY is all i have to say. i use to think like you when i heard about 4k outside of the theaters. like come on, is that even necessary. probably a slight difference. NO. its a huge difference. it makes non 3D stuff look darn near 3 Dimensional. thats how good 4k looks in comparison to 1080p. But until the TV prices drop a lot more and normal TV/cable content starts being produced in 4k and streamed in 4k. it wont matter. 1080 it is.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
How big are 4K rips going to be?

:lupe:
Chicken Little, do you remember not too long ago when every single person was going "Damn, we have bandwidth caps"
Canada was on lockdown. Courtdogstradamus was like :stop: and said "Man, speeds keep increasing.. we'll be alright because of that FACT"

Guess what :sas1: We good
Today it wouldn't be a viable thing to download, but by late 2015 it will be.
Speeds double every 2yrs, do you guys realize this? You should...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Chicken Little, do you remember not too long ago when every single person was going "Damn, we have bandwidth caps"
Canada was on lockdown. Courtdogstradamus was like :stop: and said "Man, speeds keep increasing.. we'll be alright because of that FACT"

Guess what :sas1: We good
Today it wouldn't be a viable thing to download, but by late 2015 it will be.
Speeds double every 2yrs, do you guys realize this? You should...

In AMERICA THO????? not everyone has an fiber connection, shyt google fiber cant even fukk around and be in nyc without running into litigation from time warner / comcast.... there are places with little to no high speed internet at all.... WTF are you talking about, late 2015??? C'mon son late 2015?!?!!?

:beli:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
still holds up.... when you go to the movie theaters what you think the movie is running off of?:jawalrus:
digital cinema is distributed on hard drives :umad:

a18949f7_DCP-Thor2.jpeg

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
In AMERICA THO????? not everyone has an fiber connection, shyt google fiber cant even fukk around and be in nyc without running into litigation from time warner / comcast.... there are places with little to no high speed internet at all.... WTF are you talking about, late 2015??? C'mon son late 2015?!?!!?

:beli:
These "people" you talk about don't have next gen systems. How could they, they don't have high speed internet at all :damn:(A requirement to go online since the OG Xbox :facepalm: )

Meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of the country does. Which is why you have access to things like that :snoop:

What you are saying, under your other alias years ago you said it. People like you said we couldn't download games over the internet. I'm talking 3yrs ago that is how THIS COMMUNITY thought :mjlol:
You know how I know this? Cuz I been here for the last 10yrs. This isn't a new topic
shyt, nikkaz was like "download music :usure:" not all that long ago.

Be totally clueless on how fast technology progresses breh :shaq:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you must not have ever seen something in 4k on a 4k TV. OH MY is all i have to say. i use to think like you when i heard about 4k outside of the theaters. like come on, is that even necessary. probably a slight difference. NO. its a huge difference. it makes non 3D stuff look darn near 3 Dimensional. thats how good 4k looks in comparison to 1080p. But until the TV prices drop a lot more and normal TV/cable content starts being produced in 4k and streamed in 4k. it wont matter. 1080 it is.

co-sign. i was shocked when i first saw native 4k content on a 4k tv. shyt made me look at my 1080p tv in disgust. :scusthov:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
These "people" you talk about don't have next gen systems. How could they, they don't have high speed internet at all :damn:(A requirement to go online since the OG Xbox :facepalm: )

Meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of the country does. Which is why you have access to things like that :snoop:

What you are saying, under your other alias years ago you said it. People like you said we couldn't download games over the internet. I'm talking 3yrs ago that is how THIS COMMUNITY thought :mjlol:
You know how I know this? Cuz I been here for the last 10yrs. This isn't a new topic
shyt, nikkaz was like "download music :usure:" not all that long ago.

Be totally clueless on how fast technology progresses breh :shaq:

Technology progresses fast true. but there are still regions of america which is behind the curve....

6147011178921984.png

Case in point.... there are some cities lobbying right now to make their own fiber internet infrastructure because the big name companies got a monopoly on it... All im saying is that for the requirements to stream movies in 4k for everyone constantly would have to be astronomical, there can be no interruptions or drop outs or dead zones... Not everyone has fiber internet so the idea of having 4k "Streaming" media is not a great idea right now... They should gradually give people time to catch up require blu-rays to have 4k encoded on the discs so people have the option of watching it.

Also this other alias claim that you said i have, what other alias are you talking about? I only registered here at the coli one time. I have always been Order 66.... stop your lies please.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
did you really just say CD? :wtf:

A compact disc breh??? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Got over 200 BD's and 600+ cd's, no sign of me stopping anytime soon. Just switched to 7.1 home theater a few months ago, and definitely looking at buying a 4K tv soon with Dolby Atmos receiver. I'm trying to :cook: over here in HD.......

Last edited: