4K Blu-ray discs arriving in 2015 to fight streaming media

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
One of you d.d. dudes needs to explain how streaming will work when that entire business model is a contradiction to what the Internet providers are willing to give

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
What happened to Blu Ray media taking over the industry...:mjlol:

People will always value price and convenience unless the tech\experience is substantially better.......
You remember those clowns too? :mjlol:

Cats spent hundreds and some even THOUSANDS updating their DVDs to 1080P blu-rays and now some are going to TRIPLE dip to jump to 4K :mjlol:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Bbbbbbbbbbbut I wanna collect

Bbbbbbbbbbbut I like the feel of it

Bbbbbbbbbbbut what if I wanna watch scarface at my boyfriend's house

:scusthov:

Wait til Google and Facebook help to make fiber more available :blessed:
bbbbbbbut I don't want to wait 4 hours to download a movie :pachaha:

bbbbbbbut I want to rip the dvd from when I rent so I can watch it a zillion times :sadcam:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One of you d.d. dudes needs to explain how streaming will work when that entire business model is a contradiction to what the Internet providers are willing to give

Majority of Consumers want to stream and that's what ISPs are going to give, you know what ISPs aren't going to sell physical media

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I notice that companies are taking people who are serious about music, and film, more serious. Sony just released their hi res walkman, which is bliss for music lovers who want studio quality, and now this with 4k blu-ray. I think the average person won't go with it but, there are enough people who want this to keep it going. I'm one of them.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
but blu wasn't as adopted as much as they thought .. DVD's still have like 70% of the market :scusthov:
It was a stop gap from the very beginning breh. The ISP's need to get their shyt together to really give the people what they want.

@midwesthiphop you getting the new iPad with blu-ray drive on it? :mjlol:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I notice that companies are taking people who are serious about music, and film, more serious. Sony just released their hi res walkman, which is bliss for music lovers who want studio quality, and now this with 4k blu-ray. I think the average person won't go with it but, there are enough people who want this to keep it going. I'm one of them.
Thats pretty much what it boils down to.

Streaming and downloading is for peasants that dont care about quality. The people that wear apple ear buds.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Majority of Consumers want to stream and that's what ISPs are going to give, you know what ISPs aren't going to sell physical media
Prove that then, cause by all accounts it looks like the ISPs are working as hard as possible to stop streaming media or drive the cost up because it kills cable.

ISPs sell cable breh and streaming is bad for that