$450k house in NY vs $450k house in Fort Worth, TX

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
New York is the money making capital of the world.

Ppl come here because of the life and the earning potential.

The ppl living in these "shoeboxes" are likely making anywhere from 300k-1m a year.
Make 300k -1mill and live in a shoebox breh's. :mjlol:
NY based wages are not higher than other major cities in the same way the real estate prices are. A position paying 60k in Dallas may pay 75k in New York but the cost of L's insanely higher than that.
Cost of living: How far will my salary go in another city? - CNNMoney
You'd need to make 125k in Brooklyn to be even to 70k in Dallas, and if you want to live in Manhattan you need to make 165k. What position pays that much more just because it's in New York?
A NY n*gga must've f*cked yo b*tch, either that or you're plain ignorant.
No facts, no numbers, no solid argument just baseless insults. :wow:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
But you can take the over crowded trains and walk the filth infested streets to buy overpriced European clothes tho :russ:

B b bu but convenience. No point making tons of money that I can never keep. That NYC bubble will burst and not enough rich :mjpls: immigrants in the world to uphold that.

Daps
Live somewhere where you absolutely have to own a car brehs:mjlol:

That's why I couldn't live in Houston,Dallas, ATL...Public transit systems are:trash:

Cause we have cars nikka:mjlol:

Up north nikkas be happy to spend 3k on rent for 250 sq ft but be scared to own a car
:mjlol:

I dont have any hate for other cities its just funny when up north/ east coast ppl move to DFW

They stay bragging about "Im from 'so and so' city"

Then when you ask em "You like it here or better or you plan on moving back" then its like
nah-man.gif

Because they enjoy the space they never had. Also they realize owning a car and driving isn't bad lol.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Lol the brownstone part is so true, I was apartment hunting and checked out a APT in a brownstone..... It was :scust:
I like visiting New York but i couldnt live there. I like my space. I currently live alone in a 4 bdr 2 bath, 1,800 sqft house and i feel like it's not enough space. I'm the type i'll get rid of stuff in my house just to have more open space.

WHen i think of New York living for the average man i think of people living on top of people like damn rats. Every freakin "browstone" is broken down into 3 or 4 separate apartments.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: live in Texas breh.

Sidenote: Laurelton is on a couple blocks away, and you can get a better house for 25,000 dollars less. But of course you guys wouldn't know that.

Stay out Queens my guy.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Mediocre wasn't the best word for my hyperbolic statement but, Miami-Dade is one of the more expensive cities in both the South and North.
Only in the very, very small genuine metro areas. Miami Gardens, Hialeah, Kendall etc you're living very, very nicely for 450k. The difference is NYC is so massive you got to go way, way out of the way to get reasonable suburban prices.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:mjcry: why is everyone gotta pick on us for this bullshyt... we know more money gets you more space out there and new york houses aint shyt.

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
Make 300k -1mill and live in a shoebox breh's. :mjlol:
NY based wages are not higher than other major cities in the same way the real estate prices are. A position paying 60k in Dallas may pay 75k in New York but the cost of L's insanely higher than that.
Cost of living: How far will my salary go in another city? - CNNMoney
You'd need to make 125k in Brooklyn to be even to 70k in Dallas, and if you want to live in Manhattan you need to make 165k. What position pays that much more just because it's in New York?

No facts, no numbers, no solid argument just baseless insults. :wow:

Its economics breh

If these outrageous prices for rent or houses in NY weren't being sold, they would lower the price.

It just tells you that theres that much money flowing in NYC economy that a 4k a month apartment in NYC is affordable. You need to make 160k/yr to be able to afford that.

There must be a lot of salaries like that in NYC for landlords to know they can get that much money for a spot.

If you don't have the skills to make that type of money, than yes, you should move down south. But if you are in the financial or tech field, there are crazy salaries in NYC right now.

Some Full Stack Engineers in midtown are making more money than doctors :wow:
Full Stack Developer Salaries in New York, NY | Indeed.com

Average Full Stack salary here is 120k, AVERAGGEEEE

Last edited:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe that NYC house is that much. Who the hell is buying that house for that much? Who is throwing away money on that house and houses like it? Nah but for real who is living in NYC these days?