4/23 ESPN+ PPV & BT Sports: Dillian Whyte Vs Tyson Fury (WBC Heavyweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Whyte by decision

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Whyte by KO

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Whyte by TKO

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Fury by decision

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Fury by KO

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Fury by TKO

Votes: 19 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I'm struggling to think of one thing that Whyte does better than Fury.

Fury is bigger, longer reach, better footwork, better chin. Perhaps they are even on punching power? Tyson's overall skill still negates that. If the hardest puncher in boxing didn't put him away, do you expect Whyte to? It would have to take some Lewis v Rahman moment where the champion just loses concentration and gets badly clipped for him to pull this one off I think. He's definitely not going to outbox Tyson Fury, but I guess "it's still the heavyweight division".

I think Tyson Fury will be too elusive for Whyte and will stop him in brutal fashion in the middle rounds - or he can take a more cautious approach and cruise to a decision. This one may be a bit personal though, so let's see how it unfolds. Whyte was outboxed badly by AJ (not really a knock, but still..), was down on the cards in the Chisora rematch before a questionable point deduction made Derek desperate, dropped by Parker (although late on in the fight) and guys like Rivas, not to mention getting KO'd by Povetkin. Boxing math aside, do any of those guys stand a chance against Fury? Chisora himself has lost to Tyson twice, brutally in the 2nd fight.

Whyte's best punch is his left hook. That's what he uses to put his opponents down. If Tyson can dampen that punch, then it becomes and easy night for him.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i do think whyte is up to the challenge...and just because fury handled wilder the way he did doesnt mean he can do the same to whyte...we all saw what happened in the wallin fight...whyte is coming to knock fury out and he looks very much in shape from what i watched on the media call...whyte has a mean left hook it would be interesting to see what happens when he lands it on fury...very curious to see what fury is going to weigh in at for this fight