[4/13/24] AEW Collision/BotB: Danielson/Claudio vs. Hobbs/Fletcher; Toni Storm vs. Stardom’s AZM;

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
AEW drops the ball with these eliminator matches. People just think it's a #1 contender throwaway match. It's supposed to be a high risk match that if you lose you can never challenge for the title as long as it's held by the current champion. If you win you get to jump the rankings for a title shot.

Like just explain it one time on TV to at least get over why a top joshi from another company is willing to take this match :snoop:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
AEW drops the ball with these eliminator matches. People just think it's a #1 contender throwaway match. It's supposed to be a high risk match that if you lose you can never challenge for the title as long as it's held by the current champion. If you win you get to jump the rankings for a title shot.

Like just explain it one time on TV to at least get over why a top joshi from another company is willing to take this match :snoop:
Even I always forget the whole can't-challenge-anymore part of the stipulation.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Alas, only three matches for Battle of the Belts, hopefully that means Athena and Red Velvet are going to be getting plenty of time to cook.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Never knew that :ehh:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Never knew that :ehh:
Also, a time limit draw = challenger gets a title shot. Or at least that is the case with ROH Proving Ground matches, which is what Eliminator matches are called in ROH.

But in ROH there is only as 10-minute time limit, that does not appear to be the case with AEW Eliminator matches as two have gone 10+ minutes

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Good writing would dictate that Ospreay comes out to help Hobbs & Silly Hair win tonight; but that would be a heel move, and Ospreay has been presented as a squeaky clean babyface.
I'm really interested to see where Tony Khan takes us during their match tonight.

I feel like if Ospreay is winning on Dynasty then what i would do is have him beat Claudio on Dynamite then have BCC come attack him after the match. Have DCF stay out of it and he be like oh yall didn't come help me when i needed yall, and start the angle of him leaving them after the ppv. Especially if he gonna be more of a face than a heel.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I feel like if Ospreay is winning on Dynasty then what i would do is have him beat Claudio on Dynamite then have BCC come attack him after the match. Have DCF stay out of it and he be like oh yall didn't come help me when i needed yall, and start the angle of him leaving them after the ppv. Especially if he gonna be more of a face than a heel.
That works, too. Whichever way they go, something needs to happen with Ospreay's membership in the Callis family very soon. Either Ospreay turns heel, or he gets the boot.
There's a potentially good story there, but Tony needs to start telling it. Right now, we're stuck in neutral.