26 million people watched the World Cup final

Daps
42 million people watched a regular season cowboys game on THANKSGIVING.

not really the stat you want to use to show us' interest in soccer
Its very telling that the a sport Americans generally don't care about does better TV ratings than the NBA finals, the NHL finals and the MLB finals. Of course the NFL is different but that's 3 of the big 4 sports in the US

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I believe game 6 of the NBA finals was 14 million and game 6 of the World Series was 13 million. So for the World Cup to get 26 million is pretty impressive for the US. Especially a game at 10 AM with the West Coast having to watch at 7 am. Time to admit that Soccer is right up there with baseball in this country at the very least.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I believe game 6 of the NBA finals was 14 million and game 6 of the World Series was 13 million. So for the World Cup to get 26 million is pretty impressive for the US. Especially a game at 10 AM with the West Coast having to watch at 7 am. Time to admit that Soccer is right up there with baseball in this country at the very least.

Not really impressive. It was on at a great time for brunches and breakfasts with the matchup ppl wanted to see.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Not really impressive. It was on at a great time for brunches and breakfasts with the matchup ppl wanted to see.
The sport is still not as popular perception wise with Americans. I don't think people going to brunch and breakfast are watching the game or any game for that matter Especially at 7 am in LA and 8 am in Denver. Bars are different and those places had a huge group of people there to watch the game. The fact that it got better numbers than 3 of the 4 American sport finals is impressive enough. Again, it was never going to touch SB numbers. It also had higher numbers than the 2010 and 2018 World Cup Final. Only the 2014 Final had more viewers.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

Soccer is more relevant than Hockey, Baseball is on the upswing.