24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY: The Official Thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
  • Some pretty strong commentary on how extra judicial proceedings are completely unjust. It's almost like 24 is re-thinking (apologizing? adding context?) the initial arguments the show made about ends justifying means

I never knew that the military actually flew to Hollywood to ask the creators of '24' to :whoa: because they were convincing the public that torture "worked" :dead:

Letter from Hollywood: Whatever It Takes : The New Yorker

S. Army Brigadier General Patrick Finnegan, the dean of the United States Military Academy at West Point, flew to Southern California to meet with the creative team behind “24.” Finnegan, who was accompanied by three of the most experienced military and F.B.I. interrogators in the country, arrived on the set as the crew was filming. At first, Finnegan—wearing an immaculate Army uniform, his chest covered in ribbons and medals—aroused confusion: he was taken for an actor and was asked by someone what time his “call” was.

In fact, Finnegan and the others had come to voice their concern that the show’s central political premise—that the letter of American law must be sacrificed for the country’s security—was having a toxic effect. In their view, the show promoted unethical and illegal behavior and had adversely affected the training and performance of real American soldiers. “I’d like them to stop,” Finnegan said of the show’s producers. “They should do a show where torture backfires.”

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Was decent. Will continue to watch of course but the ending of the episode left a lot to be desired. That was a pretty weak cliffhanger.

I'm still of the thought that 24 was such a long show they exausted all the plot devices they could use and it gradually declined in quality because there can only be so many moles in CTU and the like.

If it maintains this level of quality I'm willing to overlook the tropes they're already going back to like the agent that's smarter than everyone else in the room but nobody listens till it's too late.

The way Jack did Chloe was gully. "I don't have any friends."

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Finally caught up, we back, we back in style and glorious HD :wow:

Jack Bauer "the gawd":wow:, seeing that kill list :whoo::whew:

Yvonne Strahovski goddamn, she too fine!!!:ohlawd:.

Feels like a Bourne movie and the bombs haven't even gone off yet :ahh:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TBH... sh!t was like a party in my house last night

when we first saw jack, we made noise

when that 24 logo intro came, we made noise

jack sonning people, we made noise

that split screen, we made noise

when homeboy said "it's done" the end of the first hour, we made noise

when homegirl tried to swing on jack, and got headbutted, we made noise

sh!t was amazing brehs :to:
I know, it felt like senior year in highschool again:banderas:

...one qualm, I thought every Monday we were going to get that 24 2-hours piff, since it's only 12 eps:ld:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I know, it felt like senior year in highschool again:banderas:

...one qualm, I thought every Monday we were going to get that 24 2-hours piff, since it's only 12 eps:ld:

it kind of sucks because the summer months are the worst for tv but still 10 more weeks of this piff straight we will eat :obama:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ohhh: Kim Raver was looking good. I've only watched the first 3 seasons of the original series, was Kim Raver's character Audrey a love interest of Jack in the original series?