24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY: The Official Thread

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TV Legends Revealed | Did Kiefer Sutherland Try to Get ’24′ Fans Drunk?

TV URBAN LEGEND: Kiefer Sutherland added lines to episodes of 24 just to mess with fans playing 24-based drinking games.

This adherence to formula is what makes 24 such an appealing show to use as a basis for adrinking game. Drink every time someone “established a perimeter”; drink every time someone talks about “protocols”; drink every time Jack Bauer yells/asks someone, “Who are you working for?” And, of course, drink every time Jack yells “Damn it!” That’s a particularly popular phrase, as 24 airs on network television, which means Jack can’t very well use explicit profanity.

Here are some examples:

However, the twist came when Sutherland learned about the drinking games that developed (primarily among college students) around the series. His first reaction was to try to use the popular phrases less. Instead, though, he decided to use the phrase more. He explained toRolling Stone that he began saying the phrase multiple times:

Boom, boom, boom. And that was just one scene. By the end, there had to be fourteen ‘Damn its.’ And I could just see all these college kids going, ‘Oh, fukk!’ “

The lesson is, as always, when it comes to drinking, don’t mess with Kiefer Sutherland.

The legend is…

Thanks to Erik Hedegaard of Rolling Stone and Kiefer Sutherland for the quote!

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...d-kiefer-sutherland-try-to-get-24-fans-drunk/

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not to sound like a prick, but if you don't own 24 season 1-5 DVDs you ain't bout that 24er life:stopitslime:

...looks at my DVD collection, and realize like my CD collection, I don't even play them anymore:lupe:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I liked the idea of Heller as president. It made sense given what he was before but listening to him take hours to deliver one line is painful. He's Wayne Palmer status to me.

That was the embassy?

Goddamn is there nowhere Jack won't invade?

It was his private residence but Jack has no problem running up in an embassy. That's what got him in trouble with the Chinese :heh:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
So, Chloe leaves that recording for Jack to let him know Chang is behind everything....

....next scene Chang says "Bauer won't stop, we have history"

How the fukk does he know that Bauer knows he's even alive? :beli:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I downloaded Rookie Blue and I saw a pop up on screen that said series finale for 24 on Monday. Is there not going to be another season of 24?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So, Chloe leaves that recording for Jack to let him know Chang is behind everything....

them network tv plotholes

:obama:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Cheng is not stupid whenever there is a major incident and jack is around he's sure to be involved in some shyt. Cheng knows all about chole and jack and trust me he isnt dumb... Jack Bauer is in london doing crazy shyt, it's only a matter of time before he finds out aboout me. Chole isnt stupid either, she knew jack would come looking for that stupid hacking device she was smart for leaving a clew IN CASE he found it.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:heh: I'm 6 episodes into Season 7. Can we talk about how this nikka Colonel Dubaku sounds like a "Star Wars" villain?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's disgusting how the thread on most entertaining and fukkery-ridden show currently on TV hasn't been stickied :pacspit:.

It's been 10 weeks :smh:

The disrespect :wow:

@hexagram23 @Jax :ufdup::aicmon:

Jack_Bauer_Profile_(Day_9).jpg

margot.gif

:banderas:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what I've read onlin the executive producers are saying that 24 won't be back next year but there is a good chance they do a 12 episode arc in 2016.

If it was coming back next year it would have been announced because they would be starting filming in the fall...but I can't find anything online to say otherwise. That sucks