22 Maps That Show How Americans Speak English Totally Differently From Each Other

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
the-south-is-the-only-place-where-youll-try-to-call-your-law-yer-instead-of-your-loyer.jpg

:russ: This one reminds of Jay in the studio with Rick Rubin recording "99 Problems" and the multi-takes on "Lawyer"....

"You some type of Loy-er or something."

Starts at the 4:10 Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
the craziest thing is different terms for sneakers. tennis shoes/gym shoes seems like something u'd say if you were born in the 70s or some shyt.

Another thing i noticed when i went to college is that cats like me from north jersey would call the shyt u put on ice cream sprinkles, while south jersey cats called them jimmies :what: I dont know if they use that term anywhere else in the country

concise

Veteran
Daps
Crazy. I was going to start a thread a few days ago about how Americans have no consistency in accents and pronunciation.

South is just :snoop: at times.

:dahell: 300 million+ in population over several time zones, of course there will be differences.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dahell: 300 million+ in population over several time zones, of course there will be differences.

Do you say soda or pop?

I say soda. sneakers or sometimes tennis...never gym shoes. I say sub not hero.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Do you say soda or pop?

I say soda. sneakers or sometimes tennis...never gym shoes. I say sub not hero.

soda
sneakers (how can anyone fix their mouth to say tennis shoes or gym shoes? :dahell:)
Hero