'209 vs. Ireland' - UFC 202 Thread (Diaz/McGregor II, Glover/Rumble, Cerrone/Story)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
It was a pretty close fight and could have gone either way. But Nate Diaz did win the 2nd round, IDC what anybody says.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Nah that was a big botch Buffer gotta do better than that took all the drama out of decision for me

4fpQc0D.jpg

The GOAT wouldn't have botched it....:upsetfavre:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Why are people surprised? When a fight like this is so close, they'll want to squeeze out a 3rd one. It's shady as hell but it's a business move.

I'm not surprised at all. Just pissed because I knew it was coming as soon as the fourth round was over.

Edit: Looking at the full FightMetric numbers, I might have to watch this again. Conor won 1 and 4, while Nate won 2 and 3. Conor had the sig. strike advantage in 5, but Nate landed more shots overall, clearly controlled the octagon more and got the takedown. Depends on how you weigh sig. strikes and takedown defense (I would've still given it to Nate, but a 47-47 with Conor winning the 5th and getting a point taken off for running absolutely makes sense to me).

Chef

All Star
Daps
I wanted Diaz to win but you can't be mad at this fight. Both of these dudes were brawling. :ohlawd: Connor set the pace with those leg kicks early but that Diaz durability ain't no fukking joke. :whew: This third fight is going to be a problem. :krs:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He dropped Nate twice in the 2nd. I see why the judges gave him that round, even though Nate actually outstruck Conor in R2 if you look at Fightmetric

yea if you get dropped and the striking stats are close you're losing that round, especially when alot of Nate's shyt is pitty pat

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man I'm not sure yall watching the F1 recap show.... but Rumble was on the commentators table talking with the host and they played him a clip of DC basically talking shyt to him and saying "He gonna get it the same way he did as last time, if not worse"

Man yall shouldve seen how unamused and intense Rumble looked watching it (cuz they split screened it) and his reaction when it was over

Man that boy cold... you can see he was in a dark place watching that... he gonna kill DC next fight.:whew:

DC smiling talking his shyt thinking shyt sweet like:pachaha:

But Rumble straight up like:demonic:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Master Teacher :dahell: even the judge who scored a draw gave conor round 4 and 2 lol

Y'all gotta look at fights objectively, without bias

I don't give a fukk, the MMA judges never judge right

the gave Conor the 4th round because he showed signs of life lmao, and that was the only reason they needed to give it to him

Nate hurt him again that around, and he controlled the octagon, he won the round

Fight was tied going to the fifth, and Nate was already in control of the fight and conor had nothing left

You can't even tell me what Conor did to win the 4th, they had some good exchanges, but nate fired back in those exchanges as well

he stopped some take downs lmao, so he was still controlled against the cage getting beat up most of the time