2024 MLB Postseason Thread...

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hard to win in the playoffs without a starting rotation.

Dodgers need to reevaluate how they handle their starters in season. It's sickening to reach the playoffs annually just to bounced because all the depth acquired is on the IL!

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

Late nite, come home
full

Work sucks, I know
full

She left me roses by the stairs
full

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
When Dodgers lose tonight; Dave Roberts should be gone. He's run his course with 3 straight DS losses.

Hard to criticize Andrew Friedman, but can't spend a billion dollars on player talent and leave other areas of the the team to suffer.

Dodgers may have become victims of their own success.

What went wrong for the Dodgers?

Pitching? The endless Ohtani glazing? The team standing around waiting for him to be awesome? Dave Roberts not coaching shīt like Steve Kerr?

All of the above?

Because them winning the pennant “seemed” just like a formality and now they are on the ropes. I don’t see them winning this series and I legit think the Mets momentum would push them to 6 games and they’d lose that too.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Pitching? The endless Ohtani glazing? The team standing around waiting for him to be awesome? Dave Roberts not coaching shīt like Steve Kerr?

All of the above?

Because them winning the pennant “seemed” just like a formality and now they are on the ropes. I don’t see them winning this series and I legit think the Mets momentum would push them to 6 games and they’d lose that too.

Same thing that happened in 22 and 23 - injuries to starting rotation leaving like 1 decent option.

Hard to win when you are down 3-0 before you even get a chance to bat.

Dodgers are also a team of highly paid mercenaries. There isn't someone to turn to, to right the ship when the waters get choppy.

It's difficult to complain though - made the playoffs each year since 2013 and won the pennant 3 times. Dodgers have to figure out the formula to play their best in October.

Last edited:

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
that Mets/Padres NLCS is going to be insane.

If the Mets are lucky enough to beat the Padres, the Yanks are more than happy to beat their ass in a Subway Series just like in 2000
Yankees aren’t out of trouble against the Royals yet. It’s a 1-1 series so far. It’s not guaranteed to see the Yankees advancing to the WS.

I hate both teams btw ( I will never forget the pain and heartbreak during the 2015 Toronto/KC ALCS, and as a blue jays fan it’s always fukk the stankees off GP)
So I hope KC finishes Your team off and then I hope the tigers win their series too (hate Cleveland for beating Toronto in the 2016 ALCS) and beat the royals next round.

Last edited:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.

All of the above?

Same shyt every year with injuries but more importantly and something a lot of folks don't talk about...age. The team is SPENT by the time the playoffs roll around and the pitcher injuries ALWAYS have an impact, MLB is the one sport that you can't win with offense you NEED pitching and finally the offense is putting up numbers in the post seasons but the pitchers can't do shyt.

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
When Dodgers lose tonight; Dave Roberts should be gone. He's run his course with 3 straight DS losses.

Hard to criticize Andrew Friedman, but can't spend a billion dollars on player talent and leave other areas of the the team to suffer.

Dodgers may have become victims of their own success.

I been on roberts head(pause) for the last 3 years

He doing that Don Mattingly shyt of giving starters 4 innings and rush to the bullpen

Then he doesn’t know how to change the starters and move them up when u have a series lead so u can actually go up 2 games to none..

Team need a new manager

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I been on roberts head(pause) for the last 3 years

He doing that Don Mattingly shyt of giving starters 4 innings and rush to the bullpen

Then he doesn’t know how to change the starters and move them up when u have a series lead so u can actually go up 2 games to none..

Team need a new manager

He doesn't have a lot of options with the starters. Going to the bullpen early and often is the right play

My biggest issue with Roberts is that he basically does what he's told. Very little feel for what's going on in the game aside from reading his analytics charts.

And every year it seems like the Dodgers just forget how to play baseball in October. Pre 2020 - it was the hitting, post 2020 - it's the pitching.

It's just time for a new voice and vision for this team