2023-24 NBA Trade/Buyout Thread

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brother, I'm in agreement about draft picks being important. The other poster is saying anything outside of like the top 10-15 is worthless and that hasn't been the case for a while

When did I say anything outside of 10-15 picks don’t matter? Now you changing my words to strengthen your argument lol that shyt is weak. We obviously disagree and that’s fine. You nikkas want to be validated on here so badly. “I’m not seeing anyone agree with you on that.” Well there’s tons of people on Reddit and Twitter that do agree with me and think it’s a fine trade. fukk is your point?

I specifically said picks that are in the 25-30th in the draft rarely pan out. YES in each draft if you’re picking in the 25th-30th range, you can get a great player but it’s very rare. And we are talking about the RAPTORS specifically. In the context of what picks they have - a 2024 first from Indy, 2025 second from Detroit (which is a 31st-33rd pick the latest), their own 2025 first, a 2026 first from Indy and potentially another first for trading Bruce Brown. That’s 3 guaranteed firsts and 1 potential first round pick in 2 years. The 29th pick in this context is not that valuable to the Raptors.

Again, IN THE CONTEXT OF THE RAPTORS, trading their 29th pick for a proven NBA vet (at a position they need) and a young player when they literally have pick 31st-33nd in the same draft is not a bad move. You’re leaving out all of the context of what the Raptors are doing to focus on the value of a 29th overall pick. No one said anything about a 10-15th pick or anything after - I said specifically the 25th-30th pick.

Daps
When did I say anything outside of 10-15 picks don’t matter? Now you changing my words to strengthen your argument lol that shyt is weak. We obviously disagree and that’s fine. You nikkas want to be validated on here so badly. “I’m not seeing anyone agree with you on that.” Well there’s tons of people on Reddit and Twitter that do agree with me and think it’s a fine trade. fukk is your point?

I specifically said picks that are in the 25-30th in the draft rarely pan out. YES in each draft if you’re picking in the 25th-30th range, you can get a great player but it’s very rare. And we are talking about the RAPTORS specifically. In the context of what picks they have - a 2024 first from Indy, 2025 second from Detroit (which is a 31st-33rd pick the latest), their own 2025 first, a 2026 first from Indy and potentially another first for trading Bruce Bowen. That’s 3 guaranteed and 1 potential first round pick in 2 years. The 29th pick in this context is not that valuable to the Raptors.

Again, IN THE CONTEXT OF THE RAPTORS, trading their 29th pick for a proven NBA vet (at a position they need) and a young player when they literally have pick 31st-33nd in the same draft is not a bad move. You’re leaving out all of the context of what the Raptors are doing to focus on the value of a 29th overall pick. No one said anything about a 10-15th pick or anything after - I said specifically the 25th-30th pick.
Part in bold is my bad, but that's typically been the line of thinking around the draft and rightfully so for a very long time so I assumed that's what you meant. Not trying to take your thoughts out of context and that's my bad.

As for the rest the Raptors need to tank plain and simple. The best way to rebuild for a team like the Raptors is through the draft... Every pick is important for them. :yeshrug:

We can agree to disagree, will be interested to see how it works out.

I just don't understand adding vets who will contribute nothing to your future for draft picks

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
He said he would take a buy out which is dumb imo bc he has an 11 mill PO

Yup, lets be real PJ tucker is 38. This is literally it for him in the nba, just shut your mouth pick up that option next year and ride off to the sunset.

PJ tucker even if he was bought out and signed somewhere else he would never see 11 mill again

Daps
They Kai Jones'd that man.

Cut from a 7 win team as a #7 overall pick from not even 3 years ago... and it's 100% deserved and then some. :unimpressed:All-time bust, all-time dumbass coach starting that bust while giving an actual star talent like Ivey DNPs in comparison, all-time WOAT GM who drafted the former and hired the latter. Introduce relegation when the NBA expands in 2025/6 and send the Pissdens packing, these clowns need to sit in the corner in timeout for a couple years for this... :francis:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
That civil rights lookin nikka really thinks he's that nice😂😂😂
I always thought breh looked like a hammerhead shark

1629684.png