2023-24 Contract Season

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Full answer for context (8:48):

Nick: You've probably had one of your better years. You know, AAA Championship, TNA Championship. You won New Japan gold. Very different path for you. But, it's been one of your better years.

Nic: It is a weird year of winning, yes. Famously did not for about 19, but still. Nick laughs. No, that's the only difference. The rest of it is, there's a chip on my shoulder, much like all of us that we just want to be awesome and the beat at something no matter what you're doing or what position you're in. If you're the champ, if you're nowhere near the title, if you're in a tag team, or if you're like, "You know what, am I getting to old to do this?" You go, "No, man. I don't." Almost all wrestlers never want to quit. You almost have to be forced to do it for your health or something when you get to 60 or 70 years old, and you have to stop at some point, but I don't ever want to.

Nic: I asked to leave New York with a year to go on my deal because I go, "I don't know how many years I have where I can legitimately be a main event world title contender for any company." And in another year, it's gonna be another year closer to retirement, like let's get out there now, let me go fight a bunch of people that I never thought I would. I thought I was gonna work at WWE and then gobehind the scenes as a producer and be in the creative team and be hand gestures right hand man to the boss, whatever, but when I said "Listen, I don't want to still do that. I gotta get outta here. Please let me go tour the world and fight everybody that I watched for the last 20 years," and they finally gave me that opportunity to do so. So, I don't ever want to stop.

TLDR: The "losing for 19 years" comment was a joke. He decided that he wants to have a main event run and tour the different promotions while he's still in prime condition.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
IMG-3877.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Because he said himself he has no interest in it, none whatsoever.

That's in the context of signing a contract with WWE and work "exclusively" with them.

Like breh said, in 5+ years if WWE comes calling and dude is still a free lancer I'm sure he'd take a HOF WM weekend gig and then go back to his own thing.

The only way I see him never going back to WWE under any circumstance is if somehow Brie Bella was blacklisted or she blacklisted WWE for some reason :heh:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
That's in the context of signing a contract with WWE and work "exclusively" with them.

Like breh said, in 5+ years if WWE comes calling and dude is still a free lancer I'm sure he'd take a HOF WM weekend gig and then go back to his own thing.

The only way I see him never going back to WWE under any circumstance is if somehow Brie Bella was blacklisted or she blacklisted WWE for some reason :heh:
He said no interest in accolades though.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
He said no interest in accolades though.
In the context of signing a contract with WWE. And most importantly, Dragon says shyts and backtracks on it all the time. I'm sure he 100% believes what he says in that moment but dude can change his mind with the quickness. Like I said, I'd be surprised if 5-10 years from now he's says no to a simple appearance in WWE. A contract or long term deal is different thing, THAT I'm sure he'll say not to unless something drastically changes in both his life and the wrestling business.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Believe what a pro wrestler says :heh:

Scott Steiner rips Triple H, why he doesn’t care about the WWE Hall Of Fame​