2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Reportedly there are people inside WWE who thought they should try to match AEW for Ospreay, it sounds like there was a lot of interest on both sides but I know we only believe reporting that fits the narrative we want Lol
There could have been people within WWE that think they should match any AEW’s offer

And when it came down to it, they didn’t..lol

Both can be true. And it’ll continue to be true when they keep bricking on these New Japan folks

:wow:

I do think some of the ladies will sign the dotted line tho

Sidenote: having AJ Francis on, you think bro gon get mad if I ask him if he thinks calling the young bucks fake sneakerheads hurt his perception with the wrestling community?

:troll:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
This is a good point.

Okada said living in Japan is still a priority for him though so WWE would have to make come concessions. WWE's early ratings on Abema apparently were pretty bad, like easily trailing secondary Japanese promotions bad.

Adding the biggest name in Japanese wrestling to the roster could potentially change that and would be a big boost for their local globalization plans.

I haven't regularly watched NJPW since 2015-ish, but has Okada's English greatly improved since his TNA days? If he comes to any American promotion, he will either need to speak or be placed with a mouthpiece. If he is given a manager, who do you think would be a good match for him?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I haven't regularly watched NJPW since 2015-ish, but has Okada's English greatly improved since his TNA days? If he comes to any American promotion, he will either need to speak or be placed with a mouthpiece. If he is given a manager, who do you think would be a good match for him?
If his future company does like what WWE does with Nakamura then his English won't matter.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If his future company does like what WWE does with Nakamura then his English won't matter.
It does, actually. Nak already uses subtitles. Iyo, Kairi, and Asuka (Asuka doesn't need her) have Bayley (for now) and Dakota Sky to speak for them. Okada needs to stand out. If he and Nak both use subtitles, that might be a bit redundant unless they are on opposite shows. However, sending Okada to SmackDown would mean an eventual matchup with the Tribal Chief and you can't counter a Roman, or more importantly, a Paul Heyman promo with subtitles. Somebody would have to speaka da Engrish.
You know what? Maybe the perfect guy to pout with Okada would be MVP. MVP cuts a very good promo, he can give the Rainmaker an all star vibe, and they have history from MVP's time in Japan.
:jbhmm:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Reportedly there are people inside WWE who thought they should try to match AEW for Ospreay, it sounds like there was a lot of interest on both sides but I know we only believe reporting that fits the narrative we want Lol
Cm punk returning should show we don’t know shyt and we just argue base on the side we are on.

70 percent of TSC was like “b-but wwe said they have no interest”

With that being said I want Okada in wwe so I’m gonna argue from that perspective :russ:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
With that being said I want Okada in wwe so I’m gonna argue from that perspective :russ:

I gotta be real with u and @Larry Legend and whoever else been in this discussion. In my opinion, Okada is damaged goods. He's a great wrestler and he's charismatic but he's been taking NJPW head and neck bumps for over a decade now..

I'm just not sure how much he has left in the tank as a TOP guy... a guy you can rely upon to hit the road week in and week out. I think those days are coming to a close and he will transition into a part time role.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I gotta be real with u and @Larry Legend and whoever else been in this discussion. In my opinion, Okada is damaged goods. He's a great wrestler and he's charismatic but he's been taking NJPW head and neck bumps for over a decade now..

I'm just not sure how much he has left in the tank as a TOP guy... a guy you can rely upon to hit the road week in and week out. I think those days are coming to a close and he will transition into a part time role.
He’s only 36

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
This is a good point.

Okada said living in Japan is still a priority for him though so WWE would have to make come concessions. WWE's early ratings on Abema apparently were pretty bad, like easily trailing secondary Japanese promotions bad.

Adding the biggest name in Japanese wrestling to the roster could potentially change that and would be a big boost for their local globalization plans.

Youre forgetting a few things. 1) This Okada free agent talk comes up every few years so anything he may or may not be saying should be taken with a grain of salt. 2) Okada has already had a disastrous expedition run in the US with TNA. Enough to royally piss off New Japan and he may not be so eager to get back to that. 3) WWE isnt going to make a top dollar money deal to someone with a language barrier even if it is Okada so Tony could outbid him easily if he wanted and probably save money on Forbidden Door 3.

None of this comes up, positive for WWE.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Youre forgetting a few things. 1) This Okada free agent talk comes up every few years so anything he may or may not be saying should be taken with a grain of salt. 2) Okada has already had a disastrous expedition run in the US with TNA. Enough to royally piss off New Japan and he may not be so eager to get back to that. 3) WWE isnt going to make a top dollar money deal to someone with a language barrier even if it is Okada so Tony could outbid him easily if he wanted and probably save money on Forbidden Door 3.

None of this comes up, positive for WWE.
Why would New Japan, in 2023, care about Okada’s run in TNA from over a decade ago if he is leaving?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If I'm WWE I'd want no parts of a beat up ass okada who can't work his physical style and won't have 60 minute slug fests like he used to.

Aew would worship his dream matches vs Wheeler Yuta and Luchasaurus on Rampage, but his luster would fade quickly in WWE imo