2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure the bidding wars for QT Marshall and Shawn Spears are going to be LIT
Will be interesting to see where QT ends up given he has apparently said he wants to be a top guy somewhere or something to that effect.

Cody could easily get him a coaching or producing roll in WWE but he sure as hell isn't going to be a talent there.

I imagine Shawn Spears is probably going to take a good bit of time off to spend with his kid, plus his wife is pregnant again. Maybe he takes some free lance bookings here and there but I don't expect him to sign a contract anywhere unless it's some part-time deal.

SRS seems to think Purrazzo is going to AEW. The way Hammerstone has been tweeting, seems like he might be AEW bound too. Perhaps Richard Holliday as well to reform the Dynasty.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
SRS seems to think Purrazzo is going to AEW.

Might be in the minority on this one, but I think she's 100% WWE bound. AEW chumped her out pretty bad when she was brought in to drop the ROH women's title, and she bailed on All In on short notice due to signing with WWE in 2018.

Also, she needs to go back to Promo 101 class so she can learn to cut a promo without sounding like she witnessed a dog being murdered.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Might be in the minority on this one, but I think she's 100% WWE bound. AEW chumped her out pretty bad when she was brought in to drop the ROH women's title, and she bailed on All In on short notice due to signing with WWE in 2018.

Also, she needs to go back to Promo 101 class so she can learn to cut a promo without sounding like she witnessed a dog being murdered.

Yeah she has negative charisma and she’s built like a baby mama, don’t see star quality in her at all. Italian Serena Deeb.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Yeah she has negative charisma and she’s built like a baby mama, don’t see star quality in her at all. Italian Serena Deeb.
Yeah, Deeb is slimmer and much better in ring and on the mic. Not to mention you have Leyla Hirsch who not only is strong, but has some submission moves in her arsenal.

All in all Purazzo fits WWE, but WWE doesn't need her at the moment with the stable of women they have.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Mercedes Mone could be narrowing in on a decision about her future.
Fightful reported this past week that Mercedes, the former Sasha Banks, had been in conversations with WWE about a potential return to the company. However, the two sides were far apart on terms. In following up, we’ve learned that Mercedes Mone has continued conversations with All Elite Wrestling, just a month after it looked like the two sides couldn’t come to terms. Beyond that, those in the industry we’ve spoken to say that All Elite Wrestling is the likely landing point.
Those that we’ve spoken to expect her to land in All Elite Wrestling, though nobody could confirm she’s signed on the dotted line. Of late in both WWE and AEW, there have been instances – specifically with Will Ospreay and CM Punk – where the physical contracts were not signed until the day of their appearances with AEW and WWE respectively. One source claimed that they heard AEW and Mercedes were close to agreeing on terms, but said “it’s never official until it’s official.”
Mercedes was said to have been seeking one of the largest contracts in women’s wrestling history.
WWE sources claimed that the “former WWE Champion” rumored to appear on WWE Day 1 Raw was not Mercedes.

----

My guess is that she talked to aew, they couldn't agree on terms. She went to WWE, they couldn't agree on terms. Then she goes back to aew and now they might be willing to agree on terms

Last edited: