2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Why are people convinced WWE is better for Jade than AEW was? I've seen this repeated a lot but no one really says why.

She's limited as a wrestler which is going to limit her ceiling (as a wrestler).

But if the argument is that wwe will provide a bigger platform to do shyt outside of wrestling I can't disagree with that.

Though would be curious to see what folks thinks she'll be doing outside of wrestling. Don't think you work to get that body to star in romantic comedies. She could do b-movie straight to streaming action movies for days. But beyond that what are folks envisioning.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Why are people convinced WWE is better for Jade than AEW was? I've seen this repeated a lot but no one really says why.

She's limited as a wrestler which is going to limit her ceiling (as a wrestler).

But if the argument is that wwe will provide a bigger platform to do shyt outside of wrestling I can't disagree with that.

Though would be curious to see what folks thinks she'll be doing outside of wrestling. Don't think you work to get that body to star in romantic comedies. She could do b-movie straight to streaming action movies for days. But beyond that what are folks envisioning.
Bryan Wyatt can’t wrestle and look what they did with him. Even got his own shytty sponsorship match this year.

But she wants to go into Hollywood. She isn’t going to be in wrestling for the long haul, I imagine.

br82186

Superstar
Daps

A couple of things...

1. Like I said in a previous post WWE's in ring style is very conservative where every wrestlers weakness is covered, while AEW is more of the vain of WCW, TNA/IMPACT, and NJPW where a wrestlers strengths and weaknesses are on full display.

2. Her look! WWE concentrates on a wrestlers look way more than any other promotion, you can look grimy as shyt, but you're good if you know how to wrestle in any other promotion.

3. Notoriety! Remember that AEW is Hip Hop thread? Take one of the components that made that thread a talking point and add her to WWE given there knack for guerilla marketing and it triples. Not to mention you got MAGA Lyons already there and soon to be primed for a call up soon.

Also side note: this was spoken about on Grapsody earlier today and that all these reports of talent with their contracts ending soon along with Jade are Cody disciples.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Bryan Wyatt can’t wrestle and look what they did with him. Even got his own shytty sponsorship match this year.

But she wants to go into Hollywood. She isn’t going to be in wrestling for the long haul, I imagine.
Pretty much and AEW doesn't have that, WWE is the only promotion that can do that thanks to their connections.

However I wouldn't be surprised that after the new deal with Max happens, AEW talent are given opportunities to star on Discovery/Cartoon Network/Turner/HBO shows and movies.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
SRS said he hadn’t heard any interest on AEW’s end but said he thought they could have been at All In if they had been available

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Rhea is one thing, but if you put Jade and Raquel in a lineup and you decide "you know what? I'm gonna push Raquel she could be a bigger star" you deserve to be banned from any decision making for the rest of your life. Jade is pretty much everything they think Raquel is from a starpower standpoint, the muscular frame + the charisma
Raquel is wack af

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

GODDAMN IT PAL, JUST LOOK AT HER [/Vince]