2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:old:Im old enough to remember when this board thought the RNC was done, would never win again, etc... i even remember several posters asserting that trump was destroying the party.
Now here we are:popcorn:
And you’re so fukking ecstatic aren’t you?:francis: It’s trumps party now homie. Y’all are all at his disposal.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This thread is depressing as shyt man:snoop: y’all nikkas need to get out of the house.
The way these magatards and fighting each other and trump not being on the ballot in 22 these mofos on the coli really think the gop going to take back the house :mjlol:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:old:Im old enough to remember when this board thought the RNC was done, would never win again, etc... i even remember several posters asserting that trump was destroying the party.
Now here we are:popcorn:

There's a real possibility that the Dems don't win the House until the 2030s

And they can't win the US Senate right now... if they can't do it in January and make gains in 2022... it might not happen till the 2030s too

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yeah, but it’s better than the false hope of 2008.
More doom n gloom from the Progressives

:snoop:

Its realism. I don't think you can be optimistic about congressional control if you're a Dem, progressive, left leaning indie.

The GOP controls most of the states. They control the drawing of the maps in big states like TX, FL, OH... Dems are in states with independent redistricting commissions or just won't play fire with fire on the gerrymandering front. The most crazy blue state in terms of gerrymandering is Maryland. Illinois could do the same type of thing. New York could too.

This is a really bad situation. Its not as bad as 2010 of course. WI, MI, PA have Dem governors who have a say in redistricting. NC has a Dem State Supreme Court... but its still a terrible situation.

The GOP has realized its goal. They have gotten minority rule. And it may last two more decades.

Cognito

All Star
Daps
Its realism. I don't think you can be optimistic about congressional control if you're a Dem, progressive, left leaning indie.

The GOP controls most of the states. They control the drawing of the maps in big states like TX, FL, OH... Dems are in states with independent redistricting commissions or just won't play fire with fire on the gerrymandering front. The most crazy blue state in terms of gerrymandering is Maryland. Illinois could do the same type of thing. New York could too.

This is a really bad situation. Its not as bad as 2010 of course. WI, MI, PA have Dem governors who have a say in redistricting. NC has a Dem State Supreme Court... but its still a terrible situation.

The GOP has realized its goal. They have gotten minority rule. And it may last two more decades.
I mean if we win the Georgia seats we can just give Alito and Thomas covid since both are covid deniers.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The electoral map favors the Dems. Why aren't we talking about that? Trump won against the least popular Dem candidate there has ever fukking been and it was a razor thin win for him. He lost the popular vote by 3 million. This year it's looking like 7 million+

The hilary states Dems will never lose again. They are as safe as safe can be. MI is also safe. PA is fairly safe. WI is always a toss up and Dems have made big strides in Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina... this was all happening with or without Trump on the ballot. It happened in '18 too.

We can talk about the house but the Presidency hasn't been won by a Republican fairly in my lifetime outside of 2004. And it's typically not close.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
The electoral map favors the Dems. Why aren't we talking about that? Trump won against the least popular Dem candidate there has ever fukking been and it was a razor thin win for him. He lost the popular vote by 3 million. This year it's looking like 7 million+

The hilary states Dems will never lose again. They are as safe as safe can be. MI is also safe. PA is fairly safe. WI is always a toss up and Dems have made big strides in Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina... this was all happening with or without Trump on the ballot. It happened in '18 too.

We can talk about the house but the Presidency hasn't been won by a Republican fairly in my lifetime outside of 2004. And it's typically not close.
Having Republicans maintaining control of the majority of state legislatures for the 2nd census year in a row is problem. What @FAH1223 is saying is that since the GOP controls most state legislatures in a Census year they will have a say in gerrymandering which further empower them. This means they can pass voter suppression laws which won’t be challenged by the Supreme Court. We could be in a scenario for the rest of this decade of having democratic presidents being obstructed by a Republican Congress and conservative Supreme Court. This is what minority rule means. Yeah they may never win another presidential election again but without a congress nothing gets done which the country going stagnant.

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY

2030 census will be a midterm election year and 2040 the census after that will be the next time it will be on a presidential year. A lot of the people may call it doom and gloom but this is the reality. We may be faced with the prospect of divided government, obstructionism, hyper partisan politics and nothing being done for the next 20 years.